How siege threat rates actually works?

Are you stuck? Don't know how to do something? Ask here!
Kirbincho
Greenhorn

How siege threat rates actually works?

Post by Kirbincho »

I check the observatorium rates and while fortress threat keeps rising up (like 3%-6% every day) , town threat barely changes (Some days doesn't even goes up at all.) Does it works like the fortress one, which goes up every time someone can see the observatory balloon on a quest or there is something else?
Lutyrannus

Re: How siege threat rates actually works?

Post by Lutyrannus »

Kirbincho wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:02 pm I check the observatorium rates and while fortress threat keeps rising up (like 3%-6% every day) , town threat barely changes (Some days doesn't even goes up at all.) Does it works like the fortress one, which goes up every time someone can see the observatory balloon on a quest or there is something else?
They both increase through the same method.

Currently, the town% is set at a higher threshold than the fort%, in order to ensure a rotation. Unfortunately this has the side effect of the town siege happening less often... on the original servers, however, they were not set to different thresholds, so this will likely be changed so that one does not happen more than the other.

The way it worked on original servers is that Dragonseer balloons in specific locales would increase the siege% of either the fortress or the town, but unfortunately, it was never documented which locales increased which siege, so we have no way to know. I am not sure since I am not a server developer, but I think that we are currently compensating for this by having the points randomly allocated to either town% or fort%.

For now, just keep checking the Forecasting Center. We just ended a town siege, so it will be a while until the next one.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Help & Support”