Promoting MH1

Anything related to the game can fit here.
PlatyPete
Greenhorn

Re: Promoting MH1

Post by PlatyPete »

I'd like to get some testimonials for my video which I'll include after I've made my arguments. I'm looking for any positive feelings you have about Monster Hunter 1, or a positive experience you had. Please keep it short, no more than two or three sentences. Be sure to include your main hunter's name from MH1, the username you'd prefer to use, and let me know if you have any social links, Youtube, Twitch, etc. you'd like me to include in the video description!

(edit)
If you already posted earlier in this topic, and you'd like me to use that, just say so and post the additional stuff so I can attribute you properly :D
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

PlatyPete wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:49 pm I'd like to get some testimonials for my video which I'll include after I've made my arguments. I'm looking for any positive feelings you have about Monster Hunter 1, or a positive experience you had. Please keep it short, no more than two or three sentences. Be sure to include your main hunter's name from MH1, the username you'd prefer to use, and let me know if you have any social links, Youtube, Twitch, etc. you'd like me to include in the video description!

(edit)
If you already posted earlier in this topic, and you'd like me to use that, just say so and post the additional stuff so I can attribute you properly :D
To me, 1JP is the only MH game that doesn't feel like a game at all. It feels like a world that you become effortlessly immersed into, like an immersive sim of some kind. I think that's easily the strongest part of the game.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Berry
Greenhorn

Post by Berry »

There's already some good posts about the positives about MH1 here, and I'll admit in the end I still prefer to hop on MHG more but I'd still like to say my onions here about why I still enjoyed and would like to promote MH1 as more voices about the good can only be better, right?

For me, MH1 is definitely worth a playthrough for not only historical value (And with even just that alone, I do honestly think for this game it is definitely a notable point it does has due to the rapid evolution of the games) but as one of the purest forms of the gameplay loop. The village progression is something I think is honestly very cool and I actually think is still one of the better tutorials the series has for just feeling like a natural tutor session with minimal interruptions during so. The personal narrative of either becoming the new Hero of Kokoto or to me, the rags to riches of Minegarde progression also is a very nice motivator throughout the game to keep you going. The gameplay mechanics of this specific title is also very interesting and is very much something that is much more of player intuition of what they personally think best rather than solving spreadsheets here through it's limitations (Only Green, set Armor Skills) and obscurations (The fact you're not even told how much element a weapon has other than it may have FIRE ADDED, POISON ADDED etc.) For both better or for worse these bring to one's experiences, though I do think it is a positive a bit more than not. It also has to be said that the general atmosphere of the games, it's soundtrack used and how they have designed the world and player areas for you to go too is honestly quite godlike, the simulation of living out a Hunter's life is the greatest in these games.
I'm looking for any positive feelings you have about Monster Hunter 1, or a positive experience you had.
I really enjoyed my online experience with MH1, it honestly reminded a whole lot of other games I first entered online with such as Phantasy Star Online. It was fun to interact with the mechanics unique to Minegarde and I always enjoyed posting quests for my friends whenever I ended up going into a higher tier than them when they needed to catch up a bit faster. I got pretty good at soloing the egg quests for them too.

Here's my Hunter from MH1, in which I have always used the same name all the way until the latest MH game and the name I generally go by online. My main social is here too https://twitter.com/3y3stream

We drink Ritalin! | discogreninjafrog
Sammy
Greenhorn

Post by Sammy »

My favorite memories from mh1 as a kid (under username 'gimli12') were: spamming clust, headlocking, and generally being a goofball and chatting a lot online. I love that those small pleasures are all still there for everyone on the revived server.

Compared with new MH games, i enjoy the freedom of not having to stress over 'builds' and getting specific armor skills in order to play the game the way i want, and how much the game encourages playing with other hunters of lower/higher ranks.

I also enjoy the small optimizations you can make to farming the monsters/quests that people usually find painful, and in organizing your limited inventory. Box selfies!
Fugsnarf
Greenhorn

Post by Fugsnarf »

PlatyPete wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:49 pm I'd like to get some testimonials for my video which I'll include after I've made my arguments. I'm looking for any positive feelings you have about Monster Hunter 1, or a positive experience you had. Please keep it short, no more than two or three sentences. Be sure to include your main hunter's name from MH1, the username you'd prefer to use, and let me know if you have any social links, Youtube, Twitch, etc. you'd like me to include in the video description!
I have to say I was afraid of this game and never thought I would try it in a million years, because in everything I've seen about it online, it has been portrayed as comically cruel and difficult. However, I want to encourage people that with access to the private server so you can play in Minegarde, most of the classic complaints about the game's difficulty go out the window. Playing this game online has been a blast, and going back and forth between the village and Minegarde made progressing in the village and upgrading my gear so much easier. This game was made for online, and it's actually really fun with it.

Return to “General”