Fan-run 3DS servers?

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (called Monster Hunter 4G in Japan) is an improved version of Monster Hunter 4 and is the first fourth generation Monster Hunter game released outside of Japan.
Violet
Greenhorn

Fan-run 3DS servers?

Post by Violet »

So with the 3ds wifi support shutting down soon, i was curious if anyone knew of any fan servers that are in the works, similar to what the DS and Wii have?

I know of Pretendo, but it doesn't seem like MH4U is on their schedule, and with Citra being shut down recently my plan to primarily shift to that fell through x.x
Lutyrannus

Re: Fan-run 3DS servers?

Post by Lutyrannus »

Is MH4U really not going to be supported by Pretendo?
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Violet
Greenhorn

Post by Violet »

It doesn't seem to be a current thing they're working on, at least from what I can tell of their website. Maybe eventually though, fingers crossed x.x MH4 and MH4G/U are my favorite games of all time and it's really unfortunate to be losing such a major element to them
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

It will be supported eventually they already asked for network packet captures for MH3U/G Wii U, MH3U/G Packet relay tool, MH4, MH4U/G, MHGEN/X, MHXX, and Stories.
MH1 - HR 20 | MHG - HR 30 | MH Dos - HR 200+ | MH Tri - HR 100+
MH3U - HR 70+ | MH 4U - HR 200+ | MH GU - HR 100+
MH World - HR 400+ | MH Rise - HR 850+
Violet
Greenhorn

Post by Violet »

oh that's a relief !
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Adam wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:08 am It will be supported eventually they already asked for network packet captures for MH3U/G Wii U, MH3U/G Packet relay tool, MH4, MH4U/G, MHGEN/X, MHXX, and Stories.
They got packets for the Japanese versions too? Fuck yes
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Violet
Greenhorn

Post by Violet »

right, my ears perked up at that too. I was a bit disappointed how little MHXX i've gotten to play online so far, so i'm really glad they're doing the japanese titles too
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

I'm glad because I had basically resigned hope that I would ever get to play MH4(G) online, so I was prepping to either find an IRL friend or solo it.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Keep in mind that, not only the network packets are secured, but also that they always used nintendo's network services, so it shouldn't be too hard to develop servers with pretendo's as a base (Just check rockband3 for the xbox 360 and wii, they used pretendo's tools and they work like a charm lol)
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
papu
Greenhorn

Post by papu »

Violet wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:50 pm So with the 3ds wifi support shutting down soon, i was curious if anyone knew of any fan servers that are in the works, similar to what the DS and Wii have?

I know of Pretendo, but it doesn't seem like MH4U is on their schedule, and with Citra being shut down recently my plan to primarily shift to that fell through x.x
you can stiil play online with citra tho i doing it now

Return to “Monster Hunter 4U / 4G”