Whoever decided that humans need to lay down unconscious for hours every night, wtf

The place to discuss ANYTHING not related to the Monster Hunter universe. Please, keep politics, religions, and any controversial topic out of this section.
Lutyrannus

Whoever decided that humans need to lay down unconscious for hours every night, wtf

Post by Lutyrannus »

I hate sleep so much. I have so much trouble falling asleep at a decent time, and once I fall asleep I am hopeless and unable to be woken up until I've slept a decent amount. It's 5am right now and I don't feel tired at all...
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Grender
Admin

Re: Whoever decided that humans need to lay down unconscious for hours every night, wtf

Post by Grender »

These 3 things helped me a lot to fall asleep:
  1. Turning off all screens some time before going to bed.
  2. Melatonin pills.
  3. Reading a book before sleeping.
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
Lutyrannus

Re: Whoever decided that humans need to lay down unconscious for hours every night, wtf

Post by Lutyrannus »

Grender wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:07 pm These 3 things helped me a lot to fall asleep:
  2. Melatonin pills.
I used to take melatonin but it didn't help much. I've read recently that some vitamin D (?) can help your body process melatonin better so I might start taking both types of supplements, we'll see.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Stephan/Gukst
Greenhorn

Post by Stephan/Gukst »

Grender wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:07 pm These 3 things helped me a lot to fall asleep:
  2. Melatonin pills.
I could never fall asleep reading a book, I don't know how people do that
Grender
Admin

Post by Grender »

Stephan/Gukst wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:27 am
  2. Melatonin pills.
I could never fall asleep reading a book, I don't know how people do that
I don't fall asleep reading a book, but it helps making a transition between what I was doing before going to bed and sleeping. Otherwise I'd go to bed and start thinking about what I was doing before (usually programming) so my mind was very active and I couldn't sleep.
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12

Return to “Off-Topic”