Monster Hunter 2 Dos PSP Connection Bonuses

Are you stuck? Don't know how to do something? Ask here!
josek13
Greenhorn

Monster Hunter 2 Dos PSP Connection Bonuses

Post by josek13 »

I'm trying to activate the PSP bonuses but I can't get the cheat recognized in any way, I enter the .pnach file in the PCSX2 cheats folder and enabled cheats both in the game and in the emulator, but nothing works. :cry:

Game on Steam Deck and the emulator is installed through EmuDeck, if it's worth anything.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Re: Monster Hunter 2 Dos PSP Connection Bonuses

Post by AmyRoxwell »

josek13 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:38 pm I'm trying to activate the PSP bonuses but I can't get the cheat recognized in any way, I enter the .pnach file in the PCSX2 cheats folder and enabled cheats both in the game and in the emulator, but nothing works. :cry:

Game on Steam Deck and the emulator is installed through EmuDeck, if it's worth anything.
Check your cheat menu, it should tell you that there are 9 unlabeled cheat codes
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
josek13
Greenhorn

Post by josek13 »

Thx for the reply but my cheats window don't show like yours:
It does not recognize any cheat.
I have another cheat for 16:9 aspect ratio, which is saved in the 'cheats_ws' folder, I don't know if that creates a conflict or something.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

josek13 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:41 pm Thx for the reply but my cheats window don't show like yours:
It does not recognize any cheat.
I have another cheat for 16:9 aspect ratio, which is saved in the 'cheats_ws' folder, I don't know if that creates a conflict or something.
Oh, that's cuz you are a SILLY and forgot to enable cheats on pcsx2
josek13
Greenhorn

Post by josek13 »

AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:53 pm Oh, that's cuz you are a SILLY and forgot to enable cheats on pcsx2
:o :mrgreen:
I wish it was that, but no, I have everything activated. It's very strange it doesn't detect anything. I have tried to use another route for the cheats folder in case it was something that I did not have privileges or who knows but nothing even with those, it does not work.

This is the .pnach file and this is the path where it is stored.

Thank you again for the help!
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

josek13 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:37 pm
AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:53 pm Oh, that's cuz you are a SILLY and forgot to enable cheats on pcsx2
:o :mrgreen:
I wish it was that, but no, I have everything activated. It's very strange it doesn't detect anything. I have tried to use another route for the cheats folder in case it was something that I did not have privileges or who knows but nothing even with those, it does not work.

This is the .pnach file and this is the path where it is stored.

Thank you again for the help!
My machine is arch linux too and it works just fine =w=. so could you please send screenshots of those things? including your game properties for dos.

josek13
Greenhorn

Post by josek13 »

AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:36 pm My machine is arch linux too and it works just fine =w=. so could you please send screenshots of those things? including your game properties for dos.
Sure, i put in the spoilers below for better legibility:

PCSX2 Interface Settings
Spoiler
In this screenshot the most relevant thing I see is that your emulator is updated to a more recent version, when I try to update it tells me that there are no more recent versions.Image
PCSX2 Emulation Settings
Spoiler
MH2 Summary
Spoiler
MH2 Cheats
Spoiler
Kresna
Greenhorn

Post by Kresna »

Hello Josek!

The problem is a CRC mismatch. In your screenshot labeled "MH2 Summary", do you see the section labeled CRC? Yours is 828E80DE, which means your MH2 executable has been modified in some way, and the checksum no longer matches an original game (Maybe because of a control patch, or something else applied to your game).

Our English translation patch doesn't change the game's executable file (the 'SLPM_662.80' file, located on the disc. The English translation does add code, but not in that space), so the CRC stays the same between an original game and English-only patched game, but other patches may change it.

To fix the problem, rename your cheat file:

Code: Select all

Old Filename: 2F0E94A1_PSP_BONUS.pnach
New Filename: 828E80DE_PSP_BONUS.pnach
I hope that works for you! Enjoy Monster Hunter 2!
josek13
Greenhorn

Post by josek13 »

Kresna wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:19 am Hello Josek!

The problem is a CRC mismatch. In your screenshot labeled "MH2 Summary", do you see the section labeled CRC? Yours is 828E80DE, which means your MH2 executable has been modified in some way, and the checksum no longer matches an original game (Maybe because of a control patch, or something else applied to your game).

Our English translation patch doesn't change the game's executable file (the 'SLPM_662.80' file, located on the disc. The English translation does add code, but not in that space), so the CRC stays the same between an original game and English-only patched game, but other patches may change it.

Thats it Kresna! Thank you very much. ;)
I had applied the MH2Plus patch to change the control scheme and that's where everything came from, now it recognizes it perfectly when I change the name to my CRC.

Thanks you so much again and Amy too who help me since beginning, hope we can see in Dundorma! :D
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

josek13 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:31 am
Kresna wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:19 am Hello Josek!

Thats it Kresna! Thank you very much. ;)
I had applied the MH2Plus patch to change the control scheme and that's where everything came from, now it recognizes it perfectly when I change the name to my CRC.

Thanks you so much again and Amy too who help me since beginning, hope we can see in Dundorma! :D
First, thank you Kresna for the help, you went really fast lol.
Second, Josek13, sorry for not asking if it was an original english translated iso or it was one with also mh2+ applied, should had asked that first.
Third, Glad to hear that now it works >:3

Return to “Help & Support”