Palico and Prolwer build guide?

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, known in Japan as Monster Hunter XX, is an action-role-playing game in the Monster Hunter series developed and published by Capcom. The game serves as an expanded edition of Monster Hunter Generations.
touma012
Greenhorn

Palico and Prolwer build guide?

Post by touma012 »

Hey First forum posting here!
I wonder if there MHGU Prolwer boomerang and Guard build?
as well with Assist and Healing Palico build guide out there?
MonHun Enjoyer. MH1J HR5
BabyRath
Greenhorn

Re: Palico and Prolwer build guide?

Post by BabyRath »

You can check out the gaijinhunter Youtube channel, the guy is a huge prowler fan and has a lot of vids on the topic.

Off the top of my head, a good boomerang build is usually on the Gathering type, since they have native bonus on ranged attacks. You'd want to use both big and piercing boomerangs and try to have both up as often as possible. To that effect you can run the Furbidden Acorn skill to help you get started on getting the skills up or in a pinch.

The Protector class is another really good one because it can parry but I've never tried it myself

Healing idk, I just stacked all the possible horns on one palico and all the horn related skills I could find
Guild Card Awards Enthusiast

happycodemonkey
Greenhorn

Re: Palico and Prolwer build guide?

Post by happycodemonkey »

BabyRath's advice is all solid. If you want to start digging into details yourself I spent a load of time looking into Prowler builds and came across a few useful resources that will hopefully help you as well.

This reddit post has a link to a Google spreadsheet that goes through skills etc in detail and they have a few "sample" builds that I used as references for my own builds: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/ ... omparison/

Following Gaijin's videos will get you pretty far as well, he shows off his guard, boomerang, and assist cats in this video, he does a pretty good job of explaining his reasoning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785xWRgVMGc

This blog post was also useful to me: https://www.siliconera.com/three-palico ... nerations/

It took some time but eventually I was able to decide on and scout out some builds (now I just need to spend a bunch of time levelling them :D )
I was never able to figure out how to get the special DLC cats with weakness exploit etc on emulator so I had to disregard those skills.

As far as Palicos go I don't have specific advice, though I think a good healer cat build would work great for either Palico or Prowler. This is also my first post so I hope this helps and isn't just a useless info dump! Its very weird to me how hard it is to fight any straightforward guides for Prowlers.
MH1JP (gully): HR1, MHG (gully): HR1

Return to “Monster Hunter Generations U / XX”