Rustshards! How do they work?

Are you stuck? Don't know how to do something? Ask here!
Excylis
Greenhorn

Rustshards! How do they work?

Post by Excylis »

Hey, I've been reading about this rustshard business and just want to make sure I know what I'm doing with them - I understand there's some sort of pattern related to game bootup but I'm not really sure about the actual use, and I'd like to avoid wasting any. If anyone could provide some info I'd appreciate it :3
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Re: Rustshards! How do they work?

Post by AmyRoxwell »

That's probably on 1st gen, on dos they work really stupid and dumb and I hated them

Basically the game keeps track of how many rustshards, rods, chuncks, etc, you had craft after you boot up the console/emulator, up to 22 to 23 were it will give a rusted weapon, but that's the issue, if you restart the console then the track is lost so you will had to start from the beginning and craft 22 or 23 rust items to get a rust weapon, so yeah, you need to farm for 22-23 rust items and craft them all at once to get a rusted weapon, it is not even rng, it is always the only way to do it "legally".

You can exploit the system by quitting but not saving using the quit to main menu, this will make the game to not delete the counter of how many rust you had used and you can just reuse the ones you already have and not waste any of them :3
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Excylis
Greenhorn

Post by Excylis »

AmyRoxwell wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:07 pm That's probably on 1st gen, on dos they work really stupid and dumb and I hated them

Basically the game keeps track of how many rustshards, rods, chuncks, etc, you had craft after you boot up the console/emulator, up to 22 to 23 were it will give a rusted weapon, but that's the issue, if you restart the console then the track is lost so you will had to start from the beginning and craft 22 or 23 rust items to get a rust weapon, so yeah, you need to farm for 22-23 rust items and craft them all at once to get a rusted weapon, it is not even rng, it is always the only way to do it "legally".

You can exploit the system by quitting but not saving using the quit to main menu, this will make the game to not delete the counter of how many rust you had used and you can just reuse the ones you already have and not waste any of them :3
I see, interesting! Then I'll be sure to stock up before cracking any.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Good luck!!
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club

Return to “Help & Support”