Fashion

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Fashion

Post by WillowCatkinsMaria »

How do you all do your fashion? I usually model it after my weapon or a theme, my current project in MHGU is to follow after the Myxo Demolisher’s colours by going Black-ish Blue (head) -> Black-ish Blue / Green (chest) -> Green / Orange (arms) -> Orange-ish Yellow / Yellow (waist) -> Orange (Legs) for instance, it’s one of the most interesting parts of set making in any game I believe, especially if you have no transmog and are trying to make a set work.
Willow is the kitty cat ever she is babie dearest <3 <3 <3

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Lutyrannus

Re: Fashion

Post by Lutyrannus »

In MH1 it mostly amounts to wearing Auroros armor. But pretty soon I'm gonna wear that one Dragon mixed sit with Wide Area Power/Armor Seed cause it looks sick as hell and has neat skills.

With the MHG skill system and later, I have yet to really develop a sense of fashion.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

Some people focus on skills and compromise on fashion. I don't just compromise on fashion, I totally ignore it. I have the most butt-ugly sets in all of Monster Hunter and I'm proud - hunters are here to get the job done, not to look pretty.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Draculestia wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:59 am Some people focus on skills and compromise on fashion. I don't just compromise on fashion, I totally ignore it. I have the most butt-ugly sets in all of Monster Hunter and I'm proud - hunters are here to get the job done, not to look pretty.
Swag over skills any day, smh
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Bikko
Greenhorn

Post by Bikko »

In Tri I managed to make some nice looking sets with decent skill selections that I am very proud of. I try and squeeze the most skills I can out of fashion sets, but definitely make compromises sometimes. I think gameplay prowess far overshadows skill selection so I don't really worry about it too much. In games like MHG I just ran around in full sets mostly.

Set Building without restrictions like fashion is so dead simple now thanks to set builder tools/algorithms (at least in the case of MH3 or MH4U) that it is kind of uninteresting to me if I don't prioritise fashion.
did you know if you throw a dung bomb at cats in tri they get stunned
Artylo
Greenhorn

Post by Artylo »

Fashion is pretty much one of the reasons I really like Rise/Sunbreak. Having an actual transmog system in the layered armour that isn't as scuffed as it was in World pretty much guaranteed that I'm spending time on thinking of some cool set combinations. Made a separate set for every weapon, since I played a couple and they all had some vague theme linking them to the weapon.
Before that system existed I'd literally wear the most deranged combinations trying to squeeze out those skills. I have 0 qualms about looking ugly as sin if I see a big damage number come out every other second and make screenshots of my numbers and mail them all the premiere fashion houses in Paris.
— Arty

I'm just a voice, pal.
Host of ARTV. Poseur anarcho-punk. Occasional writer, programmer and editor. 4級 in Riichi Mahjong.
MH1 - HR16 - ID: 7BKNX0 · MHG - N/A · MH2 - N/A · MH Sunbreak- MR503:HR757:AL300

Return to “Tavern”