What are you guys favorite weapons and why?

Anything related to the game can fit here.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

What are you guys favorite weapons and why?

Post by AmyRoxwell »

I want to hear your beloved weapon's history :3333
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Jo_
Greenhorn

Re: What are you guys favorite weapons and why?

Post by Jo_ »

Well… I am an HBG main. I do love HBG in Dos but my initial playthrough got me into Longsword. I wanted to try something new instead of just HBG or Lance again so I decided to go with Longsword and fell in love. It has the surgical precision of Lance but with more mobility and of course big flashy spirit combo for good damage. I’m thinking in my upcoming playthrough i’m going to try to do HBG from start to finish, but you bet i’ll be pulling out that flex LS in online.
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎Image
Random Dude
Greenhorn

Post by Random Dude »

Sword and shield feels very powerful in Dos. Not to mention it's got some powerful trees to go along with it. It definitely got a big boost from the first generation.

I like auto-guard with it but there's only a few armors with it and gives only 1 per piece. There's a really nice deco that gives +3 of it but I need rusted kushala and that's only online. (low-rank and high-rank)

I also tried the hunting horn, and yeah it's not exactly the easiest weapon to use. I did make a khezu horn with it and killed a kushala with it before but yeah it's in a rough state. One thing I found that helped was getting on ledges and whatnot where the monsters can't reach and play your song there. Like in jungle where there's numerous ledges and etc. I find it disappointing too that the red notes are only on the raw hunting horns. (I like elemental stuff). The red notes increase your attack.

Dual blades feels fine to me. It's got more support in this game than in the first generation. Of course, not as much as the sword and shield but still good to play with.

I haven't really tried the other weapons. Those are my overall impressions.
My honest reaction to your post.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Chrome Razor, 'nuff said
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
haseo14
Greenhorn

Post by haseo14 »

Sword and shield for me was the safe and fun option due to the diversity of attacks and movements, in addition to the varied tree of weapons that it has
When I needed to break parts I used my beloved Sieglinde (my dragon slayer)
In the end, what I used 90% of the time was Deathprize at the beginning and in the mid-End it was Poison Battleaxe and Sieglinde.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Random Dude wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:32 pm
I also tried the hunting horn, and yeah it's not exactly the easiest weapon to use. I did make a khezu horn with it and killed a kushala with it before but yeah it's in a rough state. One thing I found that helped was getting on ledges and whatnot where the monsters can't reach and play your song there. Like in jungle where there's numerous ledges and etc. I find it disappointing too that the red notes are only on the raw hunting horns. (I like elemental stuff). The red notes increase your attack.
Yeah, HH is a mess on dos, but it should shine as a support weapon when online becomes a thing!!

Random Dude wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:32 pm Sword and shield feels very powerful in Dos. Not to mention it's got some powerful trees to go along with it. It definitely got a big boost from the first generation.

I like auto-guard with it but there's only a few armors with it and gives only 1 per piece. There's a really nice deco that gives +3 of it but I need rusted kushala and that's only online. (low-rank and high-rank)
I should try SNS more, the few times I had used it had been fun but the only "Good" one I had has really poor element and raw :?
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Bikko
Greenhorn

Post by Bikko »

Hunting Horn is my favorite because it is really fun to bonk stuff at weird angles!
Bit sad that the horn selection is kinda small in Dos though, not a lot of options at any given point in village progression, but I can live with it.
did you know if you throw a dung bomb at cats in tri they get stunned
FeatherFox
Greenhorn

Post by FeatherFox »

I'm a GS main since playing MH1 way back in the day to present.
I first played the MH3 demo with long sword, liked it but then the only game I could afford at the time was MH1. I picked up GS in that game and never looked back
Remember when signatures used to take up like a million lines and took forever to scroll through?
I had one of those. || 5000+ hours using a Greatsword across all titles. AMA about the weapon.
Jonini
Greenhorn

Post by Jonini »

I really like how simple gen 2 longsword is and if it had the gen 3 fade slash I’d probably never play any other mh game, it’s just a really fun weapon
Excylis
Greenhorn

Post by Excylis »

I'm loving longsword, it feels like it has a really good flow. I feel like I can be really aggressive and use the fade slash to reposition when needed. I'm also enjoying using lbg for some more chill hunts.

Return to “General”