Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G - Shadows Emperor Team (updated post 09/10/23)

For general modding of 3rd Generation titles.
KamuraGTR
Greenhorn

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G - Shadows Emperor Team (updated post 09/10/23)

Post by KamuraGTR »

It's a mod for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd that adds new content to the game, as well as High Rank in Village and G Rank in City and many new monsters.

Progress:
REVERSE ENGINEERING 100%
Game Fully Decrypted

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
EDITED POST - 09/10/23
MHP3rd G has been canceled.

It has been canceled due to various internal problems, constant harassment, hate, toxicity towards the team, mainly towards me.

The harassment has even reached my personal life.

Unfortunately this project will not continue, at least not with me representing it... I feel tired and unwilling to continue... I hope this news has brightened your day :D

To everyone who supported us, thank you very much and we apologize for not having been able to meet you regarding the project.

I personally feel mentally exhausted and very bad... I hope that the closure of this project does not cause me any major problems... I don't feel too well for anything else to happen
Last edited by KamuraGTR on Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
Grender
Admin

Re: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G - Shadows Emperor Team

Post by Grender »

Sounds very interesting! Do you have any screenshot showcasing the work? Or is it still in a very early WIP state?
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
KamuraGTR
Greenhorn

Post by KamuraGTR »

Grender wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:38 pm Sounds very interesting! Do you have any screenshot showcasing the work? Or is it still in a very early WIP state?
It's an early WIP by now, the reason why the progress is not gigantic in terms of adding content or working on new functions is because we have focused fully on reverse engineering, we are working on the issue of decrypting BIN files and extracting the source code to implement the new mechanics and declare the new content in the code. If you know of someone who wants to help, I leave the link to the team group there. We could use help from people who know about programming and all these things.Thank you so much in advance :D
Grender
Admin

Post by Grender »

I see! I have two more questions If you don't mind:
  1. Will it be open source?
  2. Why it won't be compatible with real hardware?
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
KamuraGTR
Greenhorn

Post by KamuraGTR »

Grender wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:31 pm I see! I have two more questions If you don't mind:
  1. Will it be open source?
  2. Why it won't be compatible with real hardware?
1- Tools are open source, but the game's source code remains private to prevent possible problems with Capcom.
2- the project will look like Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. for PPSSPP. We deduce that if the PSP doesn't support that version due to the scaled textures or because it's a romhack, then 3rd G will not work on the console. That's the reason which we said it won't be compatible with console.
Yollo Tulipa
Greenhorn

Post by Yollo Tulipa »

you guys are doing something great!

But I have one question; Can you confirm the completion time of this project?

I'm from Indonesia, really looking forward to this.
Zoiskiee
Greenhorn

Post by Zoiskiee »

The project seems to have a very unrealistic goal.

First off, why would you do High Rank in Moga? Normally you can do HR quests from the village chief in G expansions.

Secondly, why would you import or even think of importing MHO or Frontier monsters? Like dude keep it simple, stupid. Organize your work load don't come up with new ideas and just keep throwing new ideas/suggestions as you work because it becomes a heavy workload.

You guys need to plan out what will be in the expansion, like what you can actually ACHIEVE. 10-15 well selected monsters would be more than enough, think about which would fit in 3rd gen; Brachy, Lagi, Plessy, Ciphadrome, etc. Don't complicate yourselves by adding crazy shit like Inagami or Glavenus because it's unrealistic.

Again keep it simple to make the project realistic, why add Charge Blade and Accel Axe ? And Insect Glaive? Really? You're complicating yourselves, keep it simple, keep the game old school, maybe just add one or two new moves to weapons like their Frontier counterparts, because adding ENTIRELY NEW WEAPONS to an old ass game is STUPID and will cause this project to never see the light of day.

Keep MHP3rd G simple, fresh, no need to add MASSIVE multiplayer cities like Loc Lac, just keep it simple! As long as there's fresh new monsters, weapons to craft, new materials to grind, it'll be great.

The lack of screenshots in regards to current progress makes the project seem completely hopeless especially with all these "new additions, new cities, new weapon types'" and not a single screenshot or link to a website with progress. Sounds like you guys are delusional and rushing to create something that needs more man power.
CrimsonS
Greenhorn

Post by CrimsonS »

Zoiskiee wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:11 pm The project seems to have a very unrealistic goal.

First off, why would you do High Rank in Moga? Normally you can do HR quests from the village chief in G expansions.

Secondly, why would you import or even think of importing MHO or Frontier monsters? Like dude keep it simple, stupid. Organize your work load don't come up with new ideas and just keep throwing new ideas/suggestions as you work because it becomes a heavy workload.

You guys need to plan out what will be in the expansion, like what you can actually ACHIEVE. 10-15 well selected monsters would be more than enough, think about which would fit in 3rd gen; Brachy, Lagi, Plessy, Ciphadrome, etc. Don't complicate yourselves by adding crazy shit like Inagami or Glavenus because it's unrealistic.

Again keep it simple to make the project realistic, why add Charge Blade and Accel Axe ? And Insect Glaive? Really? You're complicating yourselves, keep it simple, keep the game old school, maybe just add one or two new moves to weapons like their Frontier counterparts, because adding ENTIRELY NEW WEAPONS to an old ass game is STUPID and will cause this project to never see the light of day.

Keep MHP3rd G simple, fresh, no need to add MASSIVE multiplayer cities like Loc Lac, just keep it simple! As long as there's fresh new monsters, weapons to craft, new materials to grind, it'll be great.

The lack of screenshots in regards to current progress makes the project seem completely hopeless especially with all these "new additions, new cities, new weapon types'" and not a single screenshot or link to a website with progress. Sounds like you guys are delusional and rushing to create something that needs more man power.
Yeah, I agree with you.
At least give us a hint, not just ideas. If you are serious, there are definitely many fans out there who will support you. For the moment I will consider this just a plan without any action
KamuraGTR
Greenhorn

Post by KamuraGTR »

Zoiskiee wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:11 pm The project seems to have a very unrealistic goal.

What you say is good, but I think insulting is unnecessary there... "stupid" 0%, do you understand?

I understand your concern, but we are working on it, so far are just ideas, if it's possible to add them we will add them and that's it.

I think the key is not to give up on anything and look for alternatives. Oh, and one thing, Insect Glaive, Charge Blade and Accel Axe, Loc Lac and Moga are going to be added because the community mostly asked us to do so, and this expansion is a gift to everyone.
We must to do this, it doesn't matter if it takes one or two years.

Anyone who doesn't like this project is free to ignore it and not play it, we don't want to divide the community with this expansion.

so no hate please, We don't receive money for this, nor do we want money in return. This is for the love of the wonderful Monster Hunter franchise...
Last edited by KamuraGTR on Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KamuraGTR
Greenhorn

Post by KamuraGTR »

Yollo Tulipa wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:08 pm you guys are doing something great!

But I have one question; Can you confirm the completion time of this project?

I'm from Indonesia, really looking forward to this.
No date yet

But we are still working on it.

this MHP3rd expansion is a gift for you and all MH community

Return to “Modding”