Are you doing the village content?

Anything related to the game can fit here.
Lori
Greenhorn

Are you doing the village content?

Post by Lori »

If so, how's your time with it been so far? I'm personally a huge fan of the offline campaign here; it feels like it's a truly complete game. A polished one, too!!!

I'm currently around Gypceros, which is... pretty slow considering it's been about 2 months, but hey. The fact that I'm allowed to take my time and spend longer to build myself up is awesome.
Captain of Navirou's Love Club (They/Them)
MH2/MHF Dual Blade fanatic
MH1 Greatsword apologist

PFP and signature BG by @Fawxhead on Twitter!
pepesito1
Ranger

Re: Are you doing the village content?

Post by pepesito1 »

anyone that doesnt do the offline content in any monster hunter game (outside of mh1 and mhg) is borderline playing it wrong

in fact one of my favorite aspects of the apex monsters in mh4u is that it forces people do to the offline content so they can get the wystones or whatever their name was
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
riskyglyph
Greenhorn

Post by riskyglyph »

Having binged almost the entire game in the last month (lots of couch-time due to knee surgery), I think it's a very solid game. A bit more forgiving than the first game too, imo.

The mining guy in particular was a nice source of machalite ore until I unlocked volcano.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

it's been a wild experience trying to 100% the village content before the fan server drops for dos, lots of interesting, some frustrating, but mostly fun things you can do in village, I'm almost 200 on and I still need to finish doing some weapons and lots of armor that I can later use for fashion >:3
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Lori
Greenhorn

Post by Lori »

AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:23 am it's been a wild experience trying to 100% the village content before the fan server drops for dos, lots of interesting, some frustrating, but mostly fun things you can do in village, I'm almost 200 on and I still need to finish doing some weapons and lots of armor that I can later use for fashion >:3
VERY impressive!!! Maybe one day I can be half as good at clearing out village campaigns as you are :lol:
MH1 Greatsword apologist

Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

I'm currently upgrading my village from level 2 to level 3. A big chunk of my playtime has been online, though. HR12, btw nbd 8-)
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
jamie
Greenhorn

Post by jamie »

it is becoming my favorite monster hunter game just from village alone

she/they
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Lori wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:26 am
AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:23 am it's been a wild experience trying to 100% the village content before the fan server drops for dos, lots of interesting, some frustrating, but mostly fun things you can do in village, I'm almost 200 on and I still need to finish doing some weapons and lots of armor that I can later use for fashion >:3
VERY impressive!!! Maybe one day I can be half as good at clearing out village campaigns as you are :lol:
Getting all those village quests sucked due to rotation adshjkdsaj and if you need one that is rare and it is the last one is like torture XDDD
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Lutyrannus wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:28 am I'm currently upgrading my village from level 2 to level 3. A big chunk of my playtime has been online, though. HR12, btw nbd 8-)
Smh, Luty flexing their access to online /j
Lori
Greenhorn

Post by Lori »

jamie wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:29 am it is becoming my favorite monster hunter game just from village alone
Honestly? Same. This is by far everything I wanted out of a MH game. I always liked Unite a lot, but it felt like kind of a compromise getting gen 2 mechanics and refinements at the cost of the more slow pace with more micromanagement of the first game. Now I've been realizing that Dos was just the perfect package for me the entire time.
MH1 Greatsword apologist

Return to “General”