FUComplete Patch

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the western release of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was the biggest game of the series for its time.
Random Dude
Greenhorn

FUComplete Patch

Post by Random Dude »

Thanks to the hard work of IncognitoMan,

Here's the Freedom Unite Complete Patch if anyone needs or wants to try out.

https://github.com/FUComplete/Patch

It enhances Freedom Unite in many areas. A quick overview.

Features:

MHFU localization ported over and Japanese exclusive content translated to English.
Able to load any region save without a need to convert.
All 38 events and 14 challenges are integrated into the game.
Increased limit on quests in savedata from 6 to 18.
In-game toggle to switch between built-in (official) events and savedata (custom) quests.
Modloader support, which makes updating and modding the game "easier".
Configuration file support so you can enable/disable/tweak the features you want.
Various QoL features such as:
Guildhall drink buff
Full chest access in the Gathering Hall1
Early kill Lao/Shen on Fortress2
Faster pickup from supply chests
...and more!

From the github page. It even changes the Hunting Horn to behave more like the one in Frontier! Just note you will need a Monster Hunter portable 2g for this (The japanese version).

Cheers!
My honest reaction to your post.
Lagia
Greenhorn

Re: FUComplete Patch

Post by Lagia »

I highly recommend this as the way to play Freedom Unite if you're able. It's how me and my friend have been playing and being able to kill Lao early among the other stuff is a godsend.
The Conductive Croc Himself.
Hunting Since 2013.
Always give old MH a chance
León
Greenhorn

Post by León »

being able to press O instead of X to select stuff saves me so much brainpower when switching between titles
Shupport
Greenhorn

Post by Shupport »

Oooo!!! This is interesting!
Might have to hop on this after I finish playing MHG & Tri with my brother and friend respectively. :)
Quick q though: where do you recommend to play this patch on? PSP emulator or a modded psp/vita? :-0c

I do plan to mod my vita one day since it's basically been gathering dust for a few years now but I wanna hear some of ya'lls thoughts on where you think it would be best to play this :)
SHUPPORT on MH1JP/G , MHDOS, MHTRI , MHFRONTIERZ
POGMU & NANIKUSA on MHWORLDBORNE, MHRISEBREAK

GMT+8 time, low rank in all Shupport characters lol.
Random Dude
Greenhorn

Post by Random Dude »

I personally only used the emulator for this with no issues following the instructions. So I can't say exactly if one is better than the other.

However, it worked seamlessly on my pc. But probably up to your personal preference on which platform you see yourself using more and I would go with that.
My honest reaction to your post.
anon80
Greenhorn

Post by anon80 »

Sorry to intrude, can we get retroachivements for the Japan version? Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G? Bc that version got FUComplete patched which is identical to MHFU so please, please bring all of these achievements to P2ndG. Oh and is there a way to get the quest clear music from DOS back? and Yama Tsukami random appearance in Jungle like in DOS?
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Shupport wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:32 pm Oooo!!! This is interesting!
Might have to hop on this after I finish playing MHG & Tri with my brother and friend respectively. :)
Quick q though: where do you recommend to play this patch on? PSP emulator or a modded psp/vita? :-0c

I do plan to mod my vita one day since it's basically been gathering dust for a few years now but I wanna hear some of ya'lls thoughts on where you think it would be best to play this :)
Like the repo says, you need to run adrenaline to 133mhz (max speed) so it doesn't lag on the village, but that's it, should work perfectly on real console :D
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club

Return to “Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Portable 2ndG”