[MH2 POLL] How often should Event Quests cycle in MH2?

Anything related to the game can fit here.

How frequently should the event quests rotate in MH2?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:55 pm

Every day
18%
Every other day
57%
Every three days
25%

Total votes: 44

Lutyrannus

[MH2 POLL] How often should Event Quests cycle in MH2?

Post by Lutyrannus »

Hello hunters!

Currently, on the private server, the Event Quests rotate every day, so every 24 hours, they change. However, on the official servers from Capcom, the events rotated every other day for the first month or so after release, and then rotated every three days after a certain point. The purpose of this poll is to gauge community opinion and see how we often we want events to rotate - every day, as they do now, every other day, or every three days.

The latter two, every other and every three days, are the most authentic. Currently, the private server's events do not cycle at all like the original server. On the original servers, there would always have been one quest with no HR restriction, one low-rank HR restricted quest, and one high-rank HR restricted quest. However, we currently plan to adopt this type of event pool to the rotation once all of the events have been added. So, this pool is purely to determine how often the events should rotate, not which events are actually rotating for what slot. That will change as more events get added.

On the original servers as well, the event quests were only available from a specified time, around 12pm-4am the next day in Japan. This will likely not be implemented on our server, since players from all different timezones play the game.

Feel free to discuss the topic below!
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Stephan/Gukst
Greenhorn

Re: [MH2 POLL] How often should Event Quests cycle in MH2?

Post by Stephan/Gukst »

My Ass does not know how to vote. Do I need permissions to do this?
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Stephan/Gukst wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:07 pm My Ass does not know how to vote. Do I need permissions to do this?
Should be fixed now.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

I pretty much prefer they last for 2 days, cuz for 3 days feels a bit too much and 1 day (what we have today) feels a bit too limiting, so the middle option is the BASED one
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
MasterzGames
Greenhorn

Post by MasterzGames »

I like the idea of ​​events lasting 3 days and then changing, sometimes we can't play that particular day, so it would be interesting to last more than 1 day, But staying the same event for a long time would be boring, so I prefer the events to last 3 days and then be replaced by another event, always giving preference to the weekends
Kruxia
Greenhorn

Post by Kruxia »

I prefer a two-day schedule so I don’t feel like I‘m missing out when I have to skip a night of play.
Berry
Greenhorn

Post by Berry »

I'm not sure how much total event quests there are (and if the possibility of adding more being there) but I do think the current iteration of a daily cycle isn't the ideal choice here. I think it's better to stick to the original vision first and foremost (so 3 days) or in my opinion, the 2 day rotation is a good middle ground to give people time to play these quests, especially the ones that would require some long term group play for the sake of the rewards.

While this poll is just for the time availability for these quests, I would like to add that I think it would be a good idea to at least allow the cycle to include one quests without any HR restrictions on it, so that anyone could join in for this specific game mechanic.
We drink Ritalin! | discogreninjafrog
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Berry wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:16 pm I'm not sure how much total event quests there are (and if the possibility of adding more being there) but I do think the current iteration of a daily cycle isn't the ideal choice here. I think it's better to stick to the original vision first and foremost (so 3 days) or in my opinion, the 2 day rotation is a good middle ground to give people time to play these quests, especially the ones that would require some long term group play for the sake of the rewards.

While this poll is just for the time availability for these quests, I would like to add that I think it would be a good idea to at least allow the cycle to include one quests without any HR restrictions on it, so that anyone could join in for this specific game mechanic.
You probably missed it, but I said this in the post:
Lutyrannus wrote:Currently, the private server's events do not cycle at all like the original server. On the original servers, there would always have been one quest with no HR restriction, one low-rank HR restricted quest, and one high-rank HR restricted quest. However, we currently plan to adopt this type of event pool to the rotation once all of the events have been added.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Lutyrannus wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:14 pm
Berry wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:16 pmWhile this poll is just for the time availability for these quests, I would like to add that I think it would be a good idea to at least allow the cycle to include one quests without any HR restrictions on it, so that anyone could join in for this specific game mechanic.
You probably missed it, but I said this in the post:
Lutyrannus wrote:Currently, the private server's events do not cycle at all like the original server. On the original servers, there would always have been one quest with no HR restriction, one low-rank HR restricted quest, and one high-rank HR restricted quest. However, we currently plan to adopt this type of event pool to the rotation once all of the events have been added.
So yes, we will eventually have it so that there will be at least one HR unrestricted event quest at all times, and yes, we are adding more events. If I recall correctly, there are around four event quests that we have not yet been able to add to the server, but once those four are added we'll update the rotation pool.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Sooo, any news about this becoming effective someday? I had a lot of times where I could straight up not do an event cuz everyone was doing something else or were not available due to my incompetence of being able to solo anything in this game :? it is frustating not being able to farm certain mats when time is so tight, but I understand if this cannot be done or its not planned to be done any time soon :c
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club

Return to “General”