How do you play MHFU online on PPSSPP?

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the western release of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was the biggest game of the series for its time.
Shupport
Greenhorn

How do you play MHFU online on PPSSPP?

Post by Shupport »

Let me know if this isn't allowed I wanted to play MHFU with my brother because it's the game we played the most together as kids but I see so few guides on it and the few guides I do see are years old (like YEARS old) at this point or don't clearly show the steps well enough for me to understand and follow. :cry:

We Have considered buying PSP's but also are probably leaning to not doing that as we are only going to be buying these for MHFU reasons. (Especially him, I could potentially get the other MH games on PSP to make more use of it but my brother would only be doing it for MHFU) so I think the best bet we have is PPSSPP. :?

Any help would be much appreciated. ><"
SHUPPORT on MH1JP/G , MHDOS, MHTRI , MHFRONTIERZ
POGMU & NANIKUSA on MHWORLDBORNE, MHRISEBREAK

GMT+8 time, low rank in all Shupport characters lol.
Skulrog
Greenhorn

Re: How do you play MHFU online on PPSSPP?

Post by Skulrog »

I'd recommend trying out Hunsterverse, they host servers to enable online play for MHFU on PPSSPP.

Their website is https://hunstermonter.net/

They have links to instructions on the lefthandside and a discord you can join if you're having trouble setting it up. It's free too.
Discord Name: skulrog
Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, Minecraft, SMT, and many others.
BabyRath
Greenhorn

Post by BabyRath »

Basically, you have two easy options :

Set up a private Hamachi network with the people you want to play with
Join a community with such a server and play there

The second option is obviously the best if you don't have anyone to play with off the bat. As said above, I recommend Hunsterverse. They have some pretty good guides to get you started and troubleshoot anything you might encounter.
Guild Card Awards Enthusiast

AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

BabyRath wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:06 am Basically, you have two easy options :

The second option is obviously the best if you don't have anyone to play with off the bat. As said above, I recommend Hunsterverse. They have some pretty good guides to get you started and troubleshoot anything you might encounter.
The second option is the best if you dont want to setup anything but please, if you want to use the first one, don't use hamachi, it is a shitty program that you had to pirate and you will probably get a virus, use zerotier instead, it is free, opensource and you can get up to 15 people, more that enough for 4 players hunting!
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Shupport
Greenhorn

Post by Shupport »

Thank you all for the replies!

I'll see how my brother feels about joining a server to play MHFU first but if he isn't too keen on that idea I'll check this out!
AmyRoxwell wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:48 pm
BabyRath wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:06 am Basically, you have two easy options :

The second option is the best if you dont want to setup anything but please, if you want to use the first one, don't use hamachi, it is a shitty program that you had to pirate and you will probably get a virus, use zerotier instead, it is free, opensource and you can get up to 15 people, more that enough for 4 players hunting!
SHUPPORT on MH1JP/G , MHDOS, MHTRI , MHFRONTIERZ
POGMU & NANIKUSA on MHWORLDBORNE, MHRISEBREAK

GMT+8 time, low rank in all Shupport characters lol.

Return to “Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Portable 2ndG”