Greater Whiff Pressure w Horn

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Greater Whiff Pressure w Horn

Post by WillowCatkinsMaria »

Been playing MHGU as the Hunting Horner that supports everyone and like, yanno Greatsword whiffs are a joke and all but yeesh, every time I miss a hit w my horn it’s like damn now I got my song messed up, less damage as 1/4 of a team, etc, it’s incredible stress as a hunting horner when it comes to even a single whiff.

Even in Sunbreak, I’ve had moments where it’s like shit I failed to keep popping this infernal when it’s toppled cuz I was off like 5 metres of it’s head.
Willow is the kitty cat ever she is babie dearest <3 <3 <3

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Shincry
Greenhorn

Re: Greater Whiff Pressure w Horn

Post by Shincry »

Wait, what?

Songs duration are really long and you shouldn't have any problem by whiffing some notes or hits.
I mean, at least, i'm always renewing them constantly.
PET THE POOGIE
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Shincry wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:37 am Wait, what?

Songs duration are really long and you shouldn't have any problem by whiffing some notes or hits.
It can get kind of hard when I’m juggling 3-4 buffs necessarily to trivialise the fight and be DPS

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Shincry
Greenhorn

Post by Shincry »

WillowCatkinsMaria wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:34 pm

It can get kind of hard when I’m juggling 3-4 buffs necessarily to trivialise the fight and be DPS
Wait but, don't you have some arts that can refresh them instantly and/or get notes 100%?
PET THE POOGIE
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Shincry wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:02 pm
WillowCatkinsMaria wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Wait but, don't you have some arts that can refresh them instantly and/or get notes 100%?
I use horn slam and invigoration due to a) damage and b) cost, plus the faster song play means less interruptions by a monster

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

I've been picking up Hunting Horn for the first time in MH2 lately, and I can say that with recital mode I can see why people corner horn, lol. It's muuuuuuuch harder to be actively damaging the monster and be hitting out songs
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

Lutyrannus wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:03 am I've been picking up Hunting Horn for the first time in MH2 lately, and I can say that with recital mode I can see why people corner horn, lol. It's muuuuuuuch harder to be actively damaging the monster and be hitting out songs
People have misused the phrase 'corner-horning' in recent years. I hear people saying it in 2nd gen whenever someone isn't playing songs WHILE actively hitting the monster the whole time. That's absurd, because it's inefficient. I suppose a small number of very proficient hunters can play 2nd gen HH while being able to hit and avoid an attacking monster, but holding everyone to that standard is unrealistic. To me, it's better to stand clear of the monster, get your songs out quickly (because the sooner you're buffing the team the better), and then start hitting the monster (ideally trying to build K.O).

Corner-horning was when a person almost never joined in on the hunt and just focused on playing songs, which people tend to resent because it feels like they're not helping.
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Draculestia wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:20 am
Lutyrannus wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:03 am I've been picking up Hunting Horn for the first time in MH2 lately, and I can say that with recital mode I can see why people corner horn, lol. It's muuuuuuuch harder to be actively damaging the monster and be hitting out songs
People have misused the phrase 'corner-horning' in recent years. I hear people saying it in 2nd gen whenever someone isn't playing songs WHILE actively hitting the monster the whole time. That's absurd, because it's inefficient. I suppose a small number of very proficient hunters can play 2nd gen HH while being able to hit and avoid an attacking monster, but holding everyone to that standard is unrealistic. To me, it's better to stand clear of the monster, get your songs out quickly (because the sooner you're buffing the team the better), and then start hitting the monster (ideally trying to build K.O).

Corner-horning was when a person almost never joined in on the hunt and just focused on playing songs, which people tend to resent because it feels like they're not helping.
Recital mode in MH2 as opposed to not-MH2 is also not a one and done so being right on the head or belly of a mon just in that potater state is kind of ridiculous

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak

Return to “Tavern”