[MiniGuide] About Armor Sets for novice hunters

Anything related to the game can fit here.
Nave Karr
Greenhorn

[MiniGuide] About Armor Sets for novice hunters

Post by Nave Karr »

Hey! I quickly skimmed through the MH1 forum for useful little things for a comfortable game, and I have something to say. I must say right away that the guide viewtopic.php?t=64 is great, it's a pity that it is outdated. :D
If you want to collect a useful set of armor at the start or middle of the game, then you should pay attention to the Good Luck skill, which increases the number of rewards and the likelihood of receiving them in quest rewards (I draw your attention to the fact that the Good Luck skill does NOT work while carving monsters).
So, for many players it is far from a secret how exactly these armor sets look in MH1, but for beginners, I would like to leave the information here so that it can be easily found.
there are 3 sets of armor with this skill in the game:
Spoiler
-----
Monoblos Helm
Hornet Mail+
Rathian Vambraces
Hi-Metal Tasset+
Rathalos Greaves

-----
this armor set is obtained in the region of the 13th hunter rank due to the chest and belt. List of raw materials:

1 Crimson Horn
2 Monoblos Shells
18 Machalite Ore
5 Ioprey Hide
1 Hornet Bladefin (HR hornetaurs)
2 Hornetaur Head (HR hornetaurs)
10 Hornetaur Shell
4 Union Ore (HR Volcano zone 8)
3 Rathian Scale
3 Rathian Shell
15 Iron Ore
15 Dragonite Ore (HR mining ore)
10 Velociprey Hide
2 Rathalos Shell
6 Rathalos Scale
1 Rathalos Webbing

The next set of armor is easier to obtain.
Spoiler
Consists of only three parts:

Velociprey Mask
Moss Breastplate
Bone Coat

1 Monster Fluid
6 Bullfango Pelt
7 Sm Bone Husk
1 Mosswine Hide
1 Velocidrome Head (Town hunt Velocidrome)
5 Velociprey Hide

This set is usually used by Gunners, but if played carefully, Blademasters will do as well. Empty armor slots can be filled with anything.

And finally, a set that can be obtained closer to the late game (because the royal room opens at hunter rank 17) - Guild knight armor set. He is the most useful of all, as in addition to the Good Luck skill, he gives the equally useful Gatherer and Divine Toolsaver skills. The first allows you to find one more item when gathering, and the second helps keep your pickaxes and bugnets longer.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Raw material for creation:

5 Novacrystal (1% chance quest reward Gypceros, hunt Fatalis)
5 Guild Ticket (rent the king's room)
25 Egg Ticket (egg delivery quest)
15 Jewel Ticket (sootstone or quartz delivery quest)

I hope this information is useful for beginners. Have a good hunting!
Playing in all MH games from august 2006. If you need help in game (MH1, MHG, MHTri, MHWI, MHRS) - I happy to help. Write me in discord: Nave Karr#6486 or navekarr.
Follow hunting etiquette when fighting monsters.

Return to “General”