Monster Hunter G Wii New English Patch

For topics related to the modding of this game.
Adam
Ranger

Monster Hunter G Wii New English Patch

Post by Adam »

I have released a new version of the MHG Wii English Patch today.

Here is a list of everything that has been changed
  • Changed all item names - following a unified naming scheme similar to the one used by Break Arts
  • Changed all weapon names - using names mostly based off of the newer titles
  • Changed all armour names - following the Japanese labels of G, S, and U with some changes based on newer titles
  • Changed most status messages
  • Updated settings menu translation (main menu and quest settings)
  • Updated armour skill point names
  • Updated armour skill names
  • Updated weapon status screen
  • Updated armour status screen
  • Updated bowgun ammo status screen (ammo is no properly lined up now)
  • Combo menu is translated
  • Character creation is translated
  • All quest names have been translated (new subspecies quest names, G Wii displays subspecies quests with different names)
  • All quest objectives have been updated (subspecies are listed separately, they are listed separately in Japanese)
  • All quest descriptions have been updated (new subspecies quest descriptions as well)
  • All Gallery cutscenes have been translated (4 of them need pointers updated)
  • FMV cutscenes have been fixed to work properly on console and emulator
  • Start menu text has been updated (only in quests for the time being) (Abandon Quest text is messed up for the time being)
If you find any mistakes please let me know

Any feedback is welcomed

And special thank you to Yuzucchi for her wonderful tool to help edit quests, items, weapons, and armour.

For this patch I had to start from scratch on a lot of the translations due to broken pointers for the FMV cutscenes. Yuzucchi was a huge help with this making an amazing tool to help edit quests, weapons, armour, and item names with adjusted pointers.

Download Link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WtXPa3 ... drive_link

You can apply the patch using riivolution.

Spreadsheet with every change that has been made:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

People who have helped with the patch
Skulrog - For the previous English patch, and help with edits to the patch and help translating and locating many parts of the game.
Dagarath Firebrand - Initial English patch creator on the Minegaard forums Jul 12 2009
Yuzucchi - For creating tools for exporting and importing quest data, item names, weapon names, armour names, skill points, and skill names.
Amy Roxwell - For edits and updates to item names, weapon names, and armour names
MandL27 - For edits and updates to item names, weapon names, and armour names
Chaozbreed - For help with translating quests and skills
Seki - For help with translating quests
Ice Burner - For help with translating quests
Alpha [MH United] - For help with translating quests

Amaillo - Creator of the MHG Remix English patch, I have referenced many things from his patch.
PlatyPete - Creator of the MH Oldschool wiki's, I have referenced the wiki a lot while working on the patch.
Last edited by Adam on Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jakithe

Re: Monster Hunter G Wii New English Patch

Post by Jakithe »

Sorry i'm sure a dumb question - how do I apply the patch using xdeltaui, as it's looking for an xdelta type file.
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

Jakithe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:42 am Sorry i'm sure a dumb question - how do I apply the patch using xdeltaui, as it's looking for an xdelta type file.
Sorry I left the xdelta part in the post by accident I changed it over to a riivolution patch.
MH_Hunter
Greenhorn

Post by MH_Hunter »

Thank you so much for your hard work, Adam! I am trying to apply the riivolution patch you provided (the current one in your download link, as of today), but I am simply not seeing it applied to my game (weapons and quests remain in japanesees). I've seen at least a dozen videos on how to apply a Riivolution patch, but I haven{t had any luck. If it isn't too much of a problem, could you provided some step by step functions to apply the patch? I just want to be able to know how I could do this.

Thank you so much for your time: keep the great wok with this mod,
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

MH_Hunter wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:50 am Thank you so much for your hard work, Adam! I am trying to apply the riivolution patch you provided (the current one in your download link, as of today), but I am simply not seeing it applied to my game (weapons and quests remain in japanesees). I've seen at least a dozen videos on how to apply a Riivolution patch, but I haven{t had any luck. If it isn't too much of a problem, could you provided some step by step functions to apply the patch? I just want to be able to know how I could do this.

A quirk with this riivolution patch is that on dolphin you need to make sure that both the XML and it's associated folder are in the default directory for riivolution patches as it's replacing main.dol with the patch. Eventually I'll make it a xDelta patch one I start editing multiple files.

Hopefully this helps.

Post by Guest »

Adam wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:28 pm
MH_Hunter wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:50 am Thank you so much for your hard work, Adam! I am trying to apply the riivolution patch you provided (the current one in your download link, as of today), but I am simply not seeing it applied to my game (weapons and quests remain in japanesees). I've seen at least a dozen videos on how to apply a Riivolution patch, but I haven{t had any luck. If it isn't too much of a problem, could you provided some step by step functions to apply the patch? I just want to be able to know how I could do this.

A quirk with this riivolution patch is that on dolphin you need to make sure that both the XML and it's associated folder are in the default directory for riivolution patches as it's replacing main.dol with the patch. Eventually I'll make it a xDelta patch one I start editing multiple files.

Hopefully this helps.
This is insightful, thank you so much for it. Would you know what is the name of the default directory for riivolution patches for Dolphin (I{m using a regular Windows PC)? If so, how can I access it? Am I correct to think that the installation consists of simply copying and pasting the contents from the unzipped "MHGWiiNewEnglishPatchV2" folder (the "NewEnglishPatch.xml" and the "MHGii" sub-folder) and performing a right click in the ISO file at the Dolphin Menu and clicking "Start with Riivolution Patches"? Or is the process more complicated than this? Sorry if I seem like a beginner, but the patching process hasn't working for me.
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

When you right click a game in Dolphin and hit "Start with Riivolution Patches" then hit "Open Riivolution XML" it should open a folder in your documents C:\Users\username\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Riivolution extract my patch in there.

When extracted you should have a folder named MHGii and NewEnglishPatch.xml

Open NewEnglishPatch.xml through "Start with Riivolution Patches" to start up the game with the patch.
dragonslayer
Greenhorn

Post by dragonslayer »

First at all.... thank you so much for this!!!

I want to translate some parts into spanish, could you help me with programs to do that! :)

I have 010 editor....

Return to “Modding”