Monster Hunter Wilds - 1st Trailer

Monster Hunter Wilds is the first 6th generation game scheduled to release in 2025.
Grender
Admin

Monster Hunter Wilds - 1st Trailer

Post by Grender »

Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
Shrek
Greenhorn

Re: Monster Hunter Wilds - 1st Trailer

Post by Shrek »

I love so many things about this, what's most reassuring to me is that the combat seems to have slowed down. The finishing moves look really good with the GS too and I love the idea of switching weapons mid-hunt. The monster designs are gritty and grounded, just how I like them, though the frog-gorilla crocodile monster is a little strange with its hulking arms...

I can't wait to see returning monsters interact with this new environment and to see how the season changes alter monster behaviour!

What I didn't like was the character designs, they're far away from Monster Hunter aesthetics. They knew exactly what they were going for with the little smith girl, exposed tummy and all, but that's just the most egregious, it seems like they are going for these designs to appeal to a broader audience, especially western teens, same reason why the hunter looks like an Assassin's Creed protag and why the handler just has modern day glasses. Not digging that. At least what little we saw of player armors looked great.

It'll be interesting to see how the mountdrake plays into things, I've heard people saying that you'll be able to use him like a moving camp in safe locations. It'll be comfy to bundle together in multiplayer for sure! :D
sisnax
Greenhorn

Post by sisnax »

This trailer got me more hopeful for Wilds. The slower combat, the interesting character designs, and especially that mid-exploration quest start announcement. I feel like I'll get a good kick out of this Monster Hunter game. And you being out on the field for longer periods could possibly lean into the kind of gameplay I though modern Monster Hunter should've gone with, with on-field gathering and combining having more significance. Can't wait for the trailer they promised on the 7th.
Seki

Post by Seki »

The gameplay itself looked neat, but there was so much talking in this trailer, which I find really weird. Also, was that our protagonist hunter speaking full sentences? It kinda looks like they're trying to force a story with bigger stakes again, which I don't quite like. "You are the chosen one who has the special power to rescue the world!" is something I'm really not a fan of, especially since this is Monster Hunter. A multiplayer game. Meeting all the other chosen ones online doesn't make much sense.
In older titles the protagonist goes to a village to help out the villagers, while getting more friendly with them and getting celebrated a little at the end, but when going to the town, they're just another hunter, doing hunter things with all the other hunters. In both scenarios, it doesn't feel like the protagonist was the special chosen one, the only one who can do that task.
Seagifts
Greenhorn

Post by Seagifts »

Liked how the environment looks for this game, both in size and quality, as the game appears more closer to how ecology videos were in the old games (Big hervibore herds, predators hunting in packs, cycle of life, etc). The monster design looks nice, both for small and large monsters (i love the new frog). Don't really care for the story (or the characters) and i really hope i can make the cat do cat noises instead of talking (else i will just leave it on the camp).

The combat looks fun as usual + the focus mode and the ability to change weapons mid mount doesn't seem bad at all on first view, tho its better to wait till a demo is out to actually know how good or bad it is. The "Clash" between hunter and monster may sound cool at first but i hope its not something you can do too much (either make it exclusive to some weapons or monsters).

Hope to see more mechanics shown on the next trailer this friday, tho it will probably focus on the new monster.

Return to “Monster Hunter Wilds”