The One Monster You'd Rather Not Hunt

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
Draculestia
Greenhorn

The One Monster You'd Rather Not Hunt

Post by Draculestia »

Some people probably don't even have one. But I'd say for most people, there is one monster in particular that they just don't enjoy hunting, or if given the choice, they would definitely not hunt it. For me, that's Diablos. I find the fight to be unenjoyable, I don't like the hit zones and I've just never had a good relationship with that monster.
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Re: The One Monster You'd Rather Not Hunt

Post by WillowCatkinsMaria »

BASARIOS.

I don’t mind Gravios, hell, I snagged with 54 Black Gravios for 1 pallium back in 4U but the motherfucking li’l shit that is Basarios can get the fuck out of my face with it’s super fucking annoying bouncing at all times and suuuuper fucking annoying tail cut and the fucking ailments and whatnot.

It’s roll attack is FUCKING ANNOYING.
Willow is the kitty cat ever she is babie dearest <3 <3 <3

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

WillowCatkinsMaria wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:34 pm BASARIOS.

I don’t mind Gravios, hell, I snagged with 54 Black Gravios for 1 pallium back in 4U but the motherfucking li’l shit that is Basarios can get the fuck out of my face with it’s super fucking annoying bouncing at all times and suuuuper fucking annoying tail cut and the fucking ailments and whatnot.

That's funny, I just see Gravios to be everything Basarios is but dialled up a few notches. I'm surprised Basarios is so much more annoying for you. I'd agree the tail cut is annoying, but I don't remember that being essential for anything.
Jo_
Greenhorn

Post by Jo_ »

It depends on the game really, but in general Rajang will very often get an exasperated sigh out of me. I really love Diablos though!
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎Image
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Draculestia wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:41 pm

That's funny, I just see Gravios to be everything Basarios is but dialled up a few notches. I'm surprised Basarios is so much more annoying for you. I'd agree the tail cut is annoying, but I don't remember that being essential for anything.
The thing is that I’m usually good at partbreaking and trip exploitation, like, I consider Anjanath more of a Gravios-lite now than Basarios since they teach similar things as Basarios’s legs aren’t as made out to be as important as Gravios’s legs unlike Anjanath’s legs when it comes to breaking and exploiting fire-breath positioning.

I forget what the lash is used for as well but all I remember is that it was necessary and that ticked me off, all the bouncing and negation of my attacks on weapons I’d rather not do one-shop and stop poke attacks for is really annoying as unlike Basarios, you can wail on Gravios when it’s toppled easily without it’s wing having you deflect off.

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Diablos is the only 1st/2nd gen monster so far that I just don't like hunting that much.

I don't really know why either because I like hunting Monoblos. I guess I just don't like its visual design.

The roll attack is just a topple in MH1, it's really cool since you can essentially control when it rolls.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Azelkun
Greenhorn

Post by Azelkun »

I'm not a big fan of hunting Garangolm, not because i don't like their fight, i love it, but...i just feel bad hunting them.
They're mostly not a huge menace and, in fact, are pretty tame if left unbothered and they help promote plant growth in their environment.
I can't help but feel bad when i have to hunt one.
Azel, The Hermit of the Mosque
Spanish/English
Playing since Freedom 2 onward
Lore wormbook and Hammer fan
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Azelkun wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:58 am I'm not a big fan of hunting Garangolm, not because i don't like their fight, i love it, but...i just feel bad hunting them.
They're mostly not a huge menace and, in fact, are pretty tame if left unbothered and they help promote plant growth in their environment.
I feel bad too because it’s the Golem and me having to hurt the Golem makes me feel very bad

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Probably Gypceros for me, she stole 3
Spoiler
Hornetaur's heads
and I hate it for doing that while I was farming for a gorgeous katana >:C
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Azelkun
Greenhorn

Post by Azelkun »

WillowCatkinsMaria wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:00 pm
Azelkun wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:58 am I'm not a big fan of hunting Garangolm, not because i don't like their fight, i love it, but...i just feel bad hunting them.
I feel bad too because it’s the Golem and me having to hurt the Golem makes me feel very bad
They remind me a lot of King Kong and that precise memory just makes me feel very bad when hunting them or seeing their death animation :(
Azel, The Hermit of the Mosque
Spanish/English
Playing since Freedom 2 onward
Lore wormbook and Hammer fan

Return to “Tavern”