Introductions? Introduction!

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Introductions? Introduction!

Post by WillowCatkinsMaria »

I haven’t noticed any introduction post here so I’d like to take the reigns in for that!!!

My name is Maria, I am 21 years old and 🏳️‍⚧️!!! She/her!!!

Currently, I only own a 3DS and a Switch so the MH games I can play are rather limited, currently I am focusing on Sunbreak and Generations Ultimate so in a sense, I’m the newer blood of this forum’s posting and will maintain respective threads for those two generations.

I’d say I’m an insect glaive main in games that have it but that’s long incorrect as because of recent times, I’ve become someone who has become prolific in using all weapons of variable numbers!

My favorite monster is Magnamalo, because I think a tiger wherein it’s stripes are carapace of armour, where it excretes a grudgeful gas blood, where it wears the mask of a warrior, and is the fact of that in war, death comes suddenly and opportunistically, and so does resentment for those who conscripted you into this war (Serpents) and those who killed you (hunters) is super fucking cool and this is merely the tip of the ‘berg.

I’d say more but I wanna keep some secrets for the spice of conversation on the forums, so tell me about yourselves!!!
Willow is the kitty cat ever she is babie dearest <3 <3 <3

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Re: Introductions? Introduction!

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Hey Maria! Nice to meet you.

My name is Amanda, 20 years old and she/her trans lady! I really love brachydios, capcom made the perfect monsters and I simp them so hard...But well, I own a ps2, psp and 3ds, but I play monster hunter only on pc >:3. Also the Gunlance, even with its crappy status, its a really fun weapon for me, I love just blasting a monster's butt and breaking everything, that large range also helps.

Been playing since Freedom Unite and I had touched every generation except for world, I would love to see what the community can do for those games and help the greenhorns to be something I also aspire, to be a good at those games.

Hope Y'all have a great night or day!
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
LonkMan
Greenhorn

Post by LonkMan »

Welcome to the forums

My name is Lonk, unfortunately I am a certified adult with adult reasonability (that I avoid by playing monster hunter) and a he/him. My favorite monster is Royal Ludroth, funny sponge was the first armor and weapon set that I ever went for and it stuck with me. I own a PS2, 3DS, Wii but I play those for nostalgia than using them everyday. I main Sword and Shield but love messing around with Lance. Mostly I use Sword and Shield for support than a up front encounter.

Hope you enjoy your time here and have fun with Monster Hunter
It's me the Sword and Shield player. The Healer or something. You know, with Wide-Range. Or at least gives potions because Wide-Range is goofy sometimes.

Lori
Greenhorn

Post by Lori »

Hewwo. I'm Lori, a they/themer in love with a cartoon cat mascot from Monster Hunter Stories. I started with MH1, grabbing it when I was younger because I was a huge Capcom fan (Mega Man 2 was my first game and it'd shaped most of my interests) and the box art looked cool. I think the controls didn't bother me as much, because by that point most of the 3D games I'd played by this point hadn't had normal camera control, anyways.

I'd go on to get F1 and every subsequent game and get as many of my friends as possible into the series, but it gradually lost me around Tri, doubly so with P3rd's difficulty adjustments. I kind of just settled in to being a gen 1-2 player, and honestly, I'm okay with this. I still don't feel like I've fully explored those games yet, even the ones I've played the most. Now with the advent of these new fan translations and private servers, I'm pretty confident I can keep finding new things to enjoy about these for the rest of my life, lol
Captain of Navirou's Love Club (They/Them)
MH2/MHF Dual Blade fanatic
MH1 Greatsword apologist

PFP and signature BG by @Fawxhead on Twitter!
Jo_
Greenhorn

Post by Jo_ »

Yo whatup. He/They. I got into MH with 4U but I've since played through MH1, MHDos, Freedom Unite, Frontier, Portable 3rd, 3U, GU, and Rise/Sunbreak.
I'm a HBG main through and through but I do really love Lance and Gunlance as well. I'll also play Swaxe, SnS, and HH on occasion. forget about all those other weapons. Desert Seltas Queen is my favorite monster. Regular Seltas Queen is cool too though.

Despite being a MH obsessed goblin there's actually 1 thing I love more than MH: old japanese roguelikes. Heaven forbid I get started on those, so I'll leave you with this gif instead.
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎Image
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Most of you already know me but I'm sure some of you don't.

I'm Lutyrannus. I go by Lunae in-game. I have Monster Hunter brainrot but a particular interest in the oldest games (as most people here likely do thanks to the subject matter). I played MH3 when I was a kid, but it wasn't until I played MH1 that I went TURBO brain rot. My favorite monster is Lao-Shan Lung, but this could easily change in the future (looking at you, Shen Gaoren, which I have yet to fight).

My favorite video game of all time currently is Monster Hunter Dos, but in recent times playing through MH2 I've noticed that there are some aspects that I think MH1 has an edge over. So I'm not sure if MH2 will maintain the lead that it currently has, it depends mostly on how the story develops.

I look forward to seeing more of you all as the forums develop.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Azelkun
Greenhorn

Post by Azelkun »

My name's Azelkun, although people usually call me just Azel, i'm 23 and he/him.
I love a bajillion videogames, like, a huge lot, but i have special interest in retro games.
I'm a huge fan of platformers and RPGs, specially from the PS1, N64, SNES, GBA and DS era.
Monster Hunter is one of my absolute favorite sagas in every aspect, specially it's lore and OST.
I love listening to OSTs in general, being MH's one of my top favorites.
I'm also kinda obsessed with mythology, cryptozoology and legends in general, folclore is something that i really like.
I may not be the most social or active, but i'm always glad to met nice people.
Glad to meet y'all :D
Azel, The Hermit of the Mosque
Spanish/English
Playing since Freedom 2 onward
Lore wormbook and Hammer fan
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

Draculestia here, usually Lord Xor in game. I've been playing MH for 14 years now. I found out about the series when Freedom 2 was the newest game, and I got on board when Freedom Unite came out internationally. That game beat me black and blue, but I continued on, getting Tri the following year on the Wii and really falling in love with the series at that point. Since then, I've played every MH game and my goal is to reach end game in all of them - the only exceptions so far are MH1, G and Dos, which I'm still plodding along through. I don't play the recent stuff anymore though.
Excylis
Greenhorn

Post by Excylis »

Hey everyone! My name's Excylis, 22 years old and she/her!

My first time playing Monster Hunter was back around when MH4U just came out, as a dumb kid with a modded 3DS. My first weapon was switch axe but I had no idea what I was really doing with it - my friend carried me up to high rank but I was pretty much clueless! I tried the series again when Generations came out and became a prowler main but I doubt I even reached HR there. Didn't really try the series again til World where I once again bounced off - then with the PC release of Sunbreak it finally clicked.

I made my way through all of Rise and Sunbreak, feeling a bit put-off by a lot of the additions - I decided to go back to world and found myself having a lot more fun! After playing through most of World and Iceborne's content I decided to explore the series' roots and I'm enjoying myself far more than either of the G5 games offered! I first made it up to Basarios-ish in Freedom before deciding to go back to the PS2 games instead, and I'm glad I did! I've spent most of my time in Dos, and even though it's been pretty difficult for me, I'm enjoying myself a lot. I hope to eventually beat most of the games in the franchise, and I've since dipped my toes into Tri with the release of the new private server!

I've dabbled in most weapons at least somewhat, but I'm using mostly LBG and Longsword in Dos. Haven't decided on a blademaster weapon for my time in gen 1 yet, but strongly considering sns! I hope to eventually explore them all, even if it takes a while c: Looking forward to playing more with you guys, especially once the server for Dos comes out! In the meantime I'll pop into discord and the forum here on occassion~
Bikko
Greenhorn

Post by Bikko »

I am bikko and i like old games, including old monster hunter games. Otherwise mostly arcade games and old platformers and stgs...

My first mh was tri and i have played most of the games, i love khezu and my favourite weapon is the hunting horn!!!
did you know if you throw a dung bomb at cats in tri they get stunned

Return to “Tavern”