What are your PS2 MonHun hot takes?

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
Stephan/Gukst
Greenhorn

Re: What are your PS2 MonHun hot takes?

Post by Stephan/Gukst »

Stephan/Gukst wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:32 am PS2 MonHun mid af, liked some of the things MH2 did, that's it I think.
I somewhat changed my perspective on this, it's not that PS2 MH is mid, after playing some more they are really good actually.
I don't really feel the difference that much between the portable games and the console games, I think what I was trying to say was that I expected the gap between portable and console to be wider while it doesn't actually seem that impactful to me pure-gameplay wise. The main thing I noticed is that the console games aren't powercrept beyond belief
monmonboy
Greenhorn

Post by monmonboy »

Not anti-PS2MH but… I think they’re (and Dos in particular) the best and most influential games ever made. Graphically and aesthetically PS2MH surpasses all other games. 5th gen MH is unbearably ugly and unplayable because of it.

Gameplay, sound & music, atmosphere, the weight of decisions and the world, all better than every subsequent MH generation and every other game ever made.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Another 1 hot take:
1. Making hunting horn easier on rise missed the point of the whole weapon and ruined the charm and satisfaction that comes with learning one of the most versatile weapons ever, just because capcom seemed bad that not many people where using a weapon :b.
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

AmyRoxwell wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:03 am Another 1 hot take:
1. Making hunting horn easier on rise missed the point of the whole weapon and ruined the charm and satisfaction that comes with learning one of the most versatile weapons ever, just because capcom seemed bad that not many people where using a weapon :b.
How is that a PS2 hot take :thinking:
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Lutyrannus wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:10 pm
AmyRoxwell wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:03 am Another 1 hot take:
How is that a PS2 hot take :thinking:
I was half sleep at 2 in the morning , sorry :'D
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club

Return to “Tavern”