are monoblos about to go extinct?

Unleash your inner scholar and immerse yourself in the obscure lore of Monster Hunter!
pepesito1
Ranger

are monoblos about to go extinct?

Post by pepesito1 »

i heard that the only reason you can hunt them in the village quests is because theyre about to go extinct is this tru???? :shock: :shock: whats the source :D
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Zavlak
Greenhorn

Re: are monoblos about to go extinct?

Post by Zavlak »

As far as i know the only reason Monoblos can only be hunted in village quests is because, in lore "hunting a monoblos is a test of skill as a hunter, and must be done alone", or something among those lines.
sources? my memories 8-)
Farmeando placas y rubís, succionando mega drogas demoniacas, y consumiendo nueces de dudosa procedencia.
Risky(Glyph)
Greenhorn

Post by Risky(Glyph) »

If they're going extinct, why do Daimyo Hermitaur so often use their skulls as shells? Shogun Ceanataur have a variety of shells, including Gravios skulls, but I believe Daimyo Hermitaur are always Monoblos skulls.

I see only three possibilities:
1. Monoblos are going extinct, leading to a surplus of skull-shells for Hermitaur. Cause? Unknown...
2. Monoblos are NOT going extinct, providing a ton of shells for Hermitaur due to their high numbers. Perhaps every time a Monoblos is hunted, a Daimyo Hermitaur is born...
3. Monoblos are going extinct... BECAUSE OF DAIMYO HERMITAUR. Perhaps carcinization is even more prevalent than science currently understands, and Hermitaur represent the end state of hunters. Indeed, Monoblos are being hunted to extinction by giant enemy crabs, and maybe, just maybe... those crabs are the final form of aspiring hunters.
Risky/Glyph/riskyglyph
28, she/they/he

Zavlak
Greenhorn

Post by Zavlak »

Risky(Glyph) wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:56 am those crabs are the final form of aspiring hunters.
Once again, the crab proving to be the ultimate evolutionary form.
Farmeando placas y rubís, succionando mega drogas demoniacas, y consumiendo nueces de dudosa procedencia.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

There's no evidence that they're going extinct, at least that I've come across.

Monoblos are hunted solo as part of a common legend amongst hunters. It's based on the Hero of Kokoto's journey to slaying one solo himself, and since then it's become tradition.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Lore”