Do You Prefer the Original Control Scheme or the MH2Plus Patch?

Anything related to the game can fit here.
jamie
Greenhorn

Re: Do You Prefer the Original Control Scheme or the MH2Plus Patch?

Post by jamie »

for the folks saying they used the patch so they don't have to claw, does this mean you also don't claw on your right hand when you're using the camera on the stick? because for me, the claw is unavoidable on both control schemes :lol:

she/they
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

jamie wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:02 am for the folks saying they used the patch so they don't have to claw, does this mean you also don't claw on your right hand when you're using the camera on the stick? because for me, the claw is unavoidable on both control schemes :lol:
I claw in most games I play nowadays, but I never clawed until Monster Hunter, because it's the first series where clawing is considered practically necessary in most situations. Since most modern games are only minorly inconvenienced by lack of claw (e.g. not being able to move camera and attack at the same time), most people just deal with it, and never think to claw.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
thiagoabreu46
Greenhorn

Post by thiagoabreu46 »

At first i never thought i would make it, but now i just love the original controls of the game. It's just a matter of time to get used to it. :)

Currently playing GU, 2DOS, WORLD and Frontier ZZ using the nickname Night.
Gunlance enjoyer and enthusiast of ROMAN.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

I'm surprised no-one has brought up the lack of input buffer. It makes the patched control scheme unusable, in my opinion. The lack of input buffer is fine when there's stick travel time to make up for it, but on buttons, it just feels bad...
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Jurther
Greenhorn

Post by Jurther »

Always the original controls, the patch is not a 100% adaptation to the modern controls since that is impossible, it is also kinda buggy.
I started in Kokoto, and trained in Pokke, now I work for Minegarde and Dundorma!

Forgotten MH Discord: https://discord.gg/UsN72pQ8zN
chog.
Greenhorn

Post by chog. »

I didn't know about the original controls so I started playing with the patch thinking it was refering to the english translation, all this time I though the unresponsive controls were part of the game being old but now I know it's because the patch is not perfect. Sadly I don't want to lose my progress so I guess I'm stuck with that, a shame because I really wanted to use bow again I think the pararell between pulling the analog stick to charge and then release it to shoot an arrow with pulling the string of a bow it's pretty cool.
OLDSWAMPSTRONGESTWARRIOR
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

chog. wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:24 am I didn't know about the original controls so I started playing with the patch thinking it was refering to the english translation, all this time I though the unresponsive controls were part of the game being old but now I know it's because the patch is not perfect. Sadly I don't want to lose my progress so I guess I'm stuck with that, a shame because I really wanted to use bow again I think the pararell between pulling the analog stick to charge and then release it to shoot an arrow with pulling the string of a bow it's pretty cool.
You won't lose any progress if you unpatch your game. The save is stored on the memory card and has nothing to do with the patch.

Return to “General”