Where should i start?

Are you stuck? Don't know how to do something? Ask here!
EvaStingray
Greenhorn

Where should i start?

Post by EvaStingray »

Hi! I've been wanting to to play mh1 for a while and now i have a little more time in my life to do it, but i don't know where to start. It's ok to start with the online quests? or i have to do the offline first? :)
esp/eng
Cubo
Greenhorn

Re: Where should i start?

Post by Cubo »

You can start right into Minegarde if you want. There's no limitations whatsoever. You can get to the final boss without ever completing a kokoto quest. But you'll be missing on some equipment and monoblos. You can do village first, mix of both....
What I'm trying to say is that is up to you, so there's no pressure at all
EvaStingray
Greenhorn

Post by EvaStingray »

Cubo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:15 pm You can start right into Minegarde if you want. There's no limitations whatsoever. You can get to the final boss without ever completing a kokoto quest. But you'll be missing on some equipment and monoblos. You can do village first, mix of both....
What I'm trying to say is that is up to you, so there's no pressure at all
thanks for the info!
esp/eng
Azelkun
Greenhorn

Post by Azelkun »

That's totally up to you, singleplayer is super useful to start getting a grip on the game or going straight into online if you have some friends to play with, tho i personally prefer sinking into the singleplayer content first and then going multi with some equipment ready.
Azel, The Hermit of the Mosque
Spanish/English
Playing since Freedom 2 onward
Lore wormbook and Hammer fan
Rune
Greenhorn

Post by Rune »

if you're new to monster hunter as a series, then village mode is a really good way to get acquainted with the mechanics (and it's a good way to learn what's different about mh1j if you're not new to monster hunter).

if you're not new to monhun, then you can definitely start in on online; you miss out on an exclusive weapon and an exclusive monster, but you'll "get it" well enough and they cover roughly the same range of content.
MH1 HR20
they/them
mi wile toki pona
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

I always recommend doing at least most of the village before starting in online, in any MH game, and whether you've played MH before or not, but at the end of the day, it's up to you.
EvaStingray
Greenhorn

Post by EvaStingray »

I played mhw and mhr before so im a bit lost with this game. I'm currently doing a couple of offline quests before starting the online ones. thanks to everyone for your replies! :)
esp/eng
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

EvaStingray wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:23 am I played mhw and mhr before so im a bit lost with this game. I'm currently doing a couple of offline quests before starting the online ones. thanks to everyone for your replies! :)
If you started in those games, I think it's better to go backwards from where you started chronologically. So, GenU, 4U, 3rd gen, Freedom Unite, Freedom 1, then a PS2 game. MH1 and Rise can barely be considered part of the same series, that's how different they are. I think it's better to ease yourself into the differences slowly. You're likely to enjoy it more, too.
EvaStingray
Greenhorn

Post by EvaStingray »

Draculestia wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:26 am
EvaStingray wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:23 am I played mhw and mhr before so im a bit lost with this game. I'm currently doing a couple of offline quests before starting the online ones. thanks to everyone for your replies! :)
If you started in those games, I think it's better to go backwards from where you started chronologically. So, GenU, 4U, 3rd gen, Freedom Unite, Freedom 1, then a PS2 game. MH1 and Rise can barely be considered part of the same series, that's how different they are. I think it's better to ease yourself into the differences slowly. You're likely to enjoy it more, too.
I played a couple hours of freedom unite but i lost my save and never touched it again out of spite. So far im enjoying the weird controls of the game
esp/eng
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Moved to MH1 Help & Support.
Draculestia wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:26 am
I heavily disagree there. I strongly believe that the best way to experience Monster Hunter is in release order.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Help & Support”