Do You Prefer the Original Control Scheme or the MH2Plus Patch?

Anything related to the game can fit here.
Jo_
Greenhorn

Do You Prefer the Original Control Scheme or the MH2Plus Patch?

Post by Jo_ »

For anyone unaware: The MH2Plus patch changes the controls to be more in line with newer MH titles, most notably by moving the camera controls to the right joystick.

I prefer the original controls for the blademaster weapons. Mastering the use of the camera snap button makes the claw grip much more manageable. Also maybe because i’m a pretentious purist.

R3 to fire bowgun is truly vile though and has got me tempted to try out the patch. Which side are you on? Patch or no patch?
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎Image
Lutyrannus

Re: Do You Prefer the Original Control Scheme or the MH2Plus Patch?

Post by Lutyrannus »

I actually love the original control scheme. The only changes I would make is that holding L1 should let you use the stick for the camera instead of combat.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Excylis
Greenhorn

Post by Excylis »

Jo_ wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:50 pm R3 to fire bowgun is truly vile though and has got me tempted to try out the patch. Which side are you on? Patch or no patch?
This is the main thing that got me to use the patch, as an LBG enjoyer. It just. God, it feels awful. My experience with the patch in general has been pretty positive though! I think it's a lot kinder on the hands than claw grip.
Dewqu
Greenhorn

Post by Dewqu »

Jo_ wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:50 pm For anyone unaware: The MH2Plus patch changes the controls to be more in line with newer MH titles, most notably by moving the camera controls to the right joystick.

I prefer the original controls for the blademaster weapons. Mastering the use of the camera snap button makes the claw grip much more manageable. Also maybe because i’m a pretentious purist.

R3 to fire bowgun is truly vile though and has got me tempted to try out the patch. Which side are you on? Patch or no patch?
Its funny that I know at least a couple people who find firing with r3 rather fun, funny to see how different folks can be. I personally have grown to quite like the original control scheme after playing 1 a bunch, it flows well with the more limited movesets gen 1 and 2 bring to the table imo.
Clearly the best hunter around, will upswing you
MH1JP HR15
pepesito1
Ranger

Post by pepesito1 »

original control scheme, theres like at most 4 different attacks for any given weapon. go claw or go home.
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Shupport
Greenhorn

Post by Shupport »

I've only played with the patch on because the claw grip was starting to hurt my hands when I played MH1JP :')
I am liking it so far, it's a nice streamline for me since I came from the newer games.
Though I might play without the patch one day to get a feel for the original controls! Just gotta rest my poor hands first while I play MH1JP and Dos. :lol:
SHUPPORT on MH1JP/G , MHDOS, MHTRI , MHFRONTIERZ
POGMU & NANIKUSA on MHWORLDBORNE, MHRISEBREAK

GMT+8 time, low rank in all Shupport characters lol.
Cubo
Greenhorn

Post by Cubo »

I really prefer the original control scheme, feels more natural to me and I've grown to love it a lot. Feels more immersive for me too
Yuliri
Greenhorn

Post by Yuliri »

The original scheme feel more natural on a real ps2 so I choose it. And it is also more immersive
Reject humanity and become a TrUe hArDcOrE g@mEr cOmPlEtIoNiSt 8-)
Rune
Greenhorn

Post by Rune »

since i have more time in mh1 than in any other mh game, i find it outright confusing to play with buttons. give me claw camera and stick attacks in every game
MH1 HR20
they/them
mi wile toki pona
Risky(Glyph)
Greenhorn

Post by Risky(Glyph) »

As a GS main, I couldn't figure out how to do an unsheath attack using the patch controls. I was only able to do the charged forward slash, which is great but unsheath attacks are absolutely vital to the majority of monsters.
Risky/Glyph/riskyglyph
28, she/they/he

Return to “General”