Introductions? Introduction!

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
arkenDuelcalion
Greenhorn

Re: Introductions? Introduction!

Post by arkenDuelcalion »

howdy! i go by ike. 23, he/they

i started monhun with 4u after getting hooked on the demo. i was always too anxious to play online with anyone, so i only ever played solo... this continued as i worked through 3u and fu after those, as well as frontier on the TW server for like a week before it was shut down in 2019. i looked into mh1 as a means to fill the hole frontier left in my heart, after hearing that a server was in alpha and event quests were finally functional. it wasnt until playing online here that i learned how fun hunting with other folks could be <3

since then i've played through g, dos village, tri online, and most of the newer MH titles. in terms of other video games, i'm currently fixating pretty hard on arcade rhythm games -- wacca and groove coaster are my personal favorites!

looking forward to posting more on here!!
Nayru
Greenhorn

Post by Nayru »

My name is Nayru and I beat the MH1 HR grind by taking up the life of a simple fisherman, and catching like a thousand Goldenfish.

I've beaten MH1, 4U, World, and Rise. I've put a decent amount of time into Tri and 3U.

I'll be starting G soonish after taking a long break from MH after finishing the MH1 plate grind.

I grew up on message boards but I haven't been on one in like a decade, so this is pretty cool. I gotta pick a good avatar and siggy!
Desperately searching for my edgy mid-00's shadow the Hedgehog siggy, to no avail
La rathian plateada
Greenhorn

Post by La rathian plateada »

Hi, everybody
People usually know me as Plesisoul, I'm a trans girl very much obsessed with mh-like games.
I love MH but I also like God Eater, Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice...
I'm very interested in zoology and mythology.
I came here from MHSpain and I'm a MH player since 1st gen.
I expect we can all get along well.
:D
Rice was a conspiracy to steal our fish
Xika
Greenhorn

Post by Xika »

im xika
im dum
i like monster hunter
let's get along ^ ^
Shincry
Greenhorn

Post by Shincry »

Hi, I'm Shincry [Basically my nickname everywhere]
If, for some reason someone knows me, it's usually because i'm always trying to make infographics/tutorials about the latest MH.
I'm an avid helper of newcomers! I love teaching people how MH can be really fun and interesting!
Also i'm what would you call, a MH boomer in both age and games played.
<3
PET THE POOGIE
Yuliri
Greenhorn

Post by Yuliri »

I am just someone who is afraid to talk with people.
I like to finish my game at 100%.
And my english is very bad (you should know that if you have talk to me in the discord).
Reject humanity and become a TrUe hArDcOrE g@mEr cOmPlEtIoNiSt 8-)
UnicronLucas
Greenhorn

Post by UnicronLucas »

Hey I'm Unicron, but mostly I go by Uni. I enjoy older games and mh1 is so far my first and only game. My goal is to go through the series chronologically and see where that takes me.

So far I prefer sword and shield, but sometimes I use a hammer. My favorite monster is kirin by far, something about kirin really tickles my brain.

Never actually been a forum user before, but I do love all the interactions I've had with this community so far.

I hope to see yalls in mineguarde and (hopefully) soon dundorma!!
Risky(Glyph)
Greenhorn

Post by Risky(Glyph) »

Hello!

You can call me Risky, Glyph, or riskyglyph (she/they/he). I'm a greatsword main and I'm fond of Black Diablos.

I've been playing Monster Hunter ever since a friend gave me a used copy for my birthday, way back in 2005. The game was brutal and extremely difficult for my younger self, and I was stuck on Yian Kut-Ku for the longest time. I would get so stressed trying to fight the monsters in the game, especially Rathalos, who felt nearly impossible. I was lucky enough to experience the online portion of the game for about a week before the servers were shut down, but the assistance allowed me to push through the rest of the offline game.

I was never able to play another Monster Hunter game after that, due to not having the right consoles (I've never forgiven Capcom for pulling a bait-and-switch by releasing Tri on the Wii :x), all the way until World. Despite that, I've been obsessed with the game, and joined an off-brand MH Forum (Gathering of Hunters).

Anyways, enough lore - I hope to get to know you all better and maybe go on a hunt as a team, nearly 16 years on! <3
Risky/Glyph/riskyglyph
28, she/they/he

Zavlak
Greenhorn

Post by Zavlak »

The name's ZavlakTM, playing MH since i was 9, starting with the demo of FU, but getting truly into the series with freedom 1 (thanks to the now dead emuparadise and the low piracy defenses of the PSP), my favorite MH is 4u for a lot of personal reasons, and naturally became an Insect Glaive enthusiast, and nowadays going against the afflicted farming in SB (losing). Image
Also a noob speedrunner wannabe, I usually play solo but i'm always open to help someone online.
Like meta playing (but won't have a problem if people don't use optimized sets) and set building 8-) (even if im bad at it)
i could say i like all games genres, but the ones that i play more are RPG's, puzzle, and strategic games, the more obscure and hidden gem, the better for me.

And lastly, i was for the most time the admin of the dead twitter account "Posting until MHFZ comes back".
Farmeando placas y rubís, succionando mega drogas demoniacas, y consumiendo nueces de dudosa procedencia.
EvaStingray
Greenhorn

Post by EvaStingray »

Hi!

I'm Eva, i played mhw, mhr and a couple hours of freedom unite.
currently trying out mh1!
and im sorry in advance for my lack of English skills :)
esp/eng

Return to “Tavern”