Is Monster Hunter the New Elden Ring? Well... Let's Talk About That.

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
DrachenBuster
Greenhorn

Is Monster Hunter the New Elden Ring? Well... Let's Talk About That.

Post by DrachenBuster »

So uhh me and my pals from r/dauntless decided to look into this obscure game called "monster hunger" and well... *raises one eyebrow towards the camera* ...it didn't go so well.
Where do I even begin with this game? The controls! Using the right stick for anything other than camera movement? Erm... what the heck? *readjusts glasses* That's a little wacky if I do say so my self.
But I wasn't ready to give up just yet! That's right, if Elden Ring (a video game designed by FromSoftware, renowned for its difficulty), its to never give up. So I went out to gather some spiderwebs for one of the quests. *looks at the camera* What does this old man even want beetle silk for anyway? *chuckles to myself* And I couldn't even find the darn thing for ages. I ran out of time twice trying to find these webs and in a jolt of frustration from this abhorrent task (this is very different from the superb difficulty of elden ring, which is fair all the time) I moved my leg a little too far and my Amy Rose Funko Pop fell to the floor, cracking one of her divine, three arches of hair! I was simply devestated. I tried to get up but I just couldn't. The combination of my tear soaked khakis and my malformed big toe (left foot), I just couldn't get up.
So there I lay, on the ground, comforting my darling Amy Rose, as she crossed the rainbow bridge into nothingness. It took hours, but eventually I could stand. The floor creaked under the immense weight of my sorrow, as I gently lay my beloved to rest. Her Sketchers shoe box grave, although one of many, sitting next to my late hamster Charles, will forever etch itself a place in my heart.
And it is in an act of love for my passed Amy Rose, as well as my new Rouge the Bat funko pop figurine, that I swear upon myself that I will not be purchasing the next installment in the God Eater franchise, and I implore you all to do the same!
Stay strong Reddit Nation!
MH2Dos this dick fit in yo mouth?
Berry
Greenhorn

Re: Is Monster Hunter the New Elden Ring? Well... Let's Talk About That.

Post by Berry »

when i play monster hunter i was like wait... what tha heck...... they ripped off Phantasy Star Online........... they be telling me they also ripped off Section IDs on the third game........

so I just went back to drink another can of pop in front of me Sega Sports™ Dreamcast™
We drink Ritalin! | discogreninjafrog
ODBP
Greenhorn

Post by ODBP »

Jesus paria Puria, Drachen!

And I thought I had problems and then you out do me so much with this post

Hey this is OD (not a bloodstained RoTN reference)

Are you interested in learning about our lord and savior Paria Puria AKA Max (short for Maximilian)?
Zea
Greenhorn

Post by Zea »

DrachenBuster wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:35 am So uhh me and my pals from r/dauntless decided to look into this obscure game called "monster hunger" and well... *raises one eyebrow towards the camera* ...it didn't go so well.
Where do I even begin with this game? The controls! Using the right stick for anything other than camera movement? Erm... what the heck? *readjusts glasses* That's a little wacky if I do say so my self.
But I wasn't ready to give up just yet! That's right, if Elden Ring (a video game designed by FromSoftware, renowned for its difficulty), its to never give up. So I went out to gather some spiderwebs for one of the quests. *looks at the camera* What does this old man even want beetle silk for anyway? *chuckles to myself* And I couldn't even find the darn thing for ages. I ran out of time twice trying to find these webs and in a jolt of frustration from this abhorrent task (this is very different from the superb difficulty of elden ring, which is fair all the time) I moved my leg a little too far and my Amy Rose Funko Pop fell to the floor, cracking one of her divine, three arches of hair! I was simply devestated. I tried to get up but I just couldn't. The combination of my tear soaked khakis and my malformed big toe (left foot), I just couldn't get up.
So there I lay, on the ground, comforting my darling Amy Rose, as she crossed the rainbow bridge into nothingness. It took hours, but eventually I could stand. The floor creaked under the immense weight of my sorrow, as I gently lay my beloved to rest. Her Sketchers shoe box grave, although one of many, sitting next to my late hamster Charles, will forever etch itself a place in my heart.
And it is in an act of love for my passed Amy Rose, as well as my new Rouge the Bat funko pop figurine, that I swear upon myself that I will not be purchasing the next installment in the God Eater franchise, and I implore you all to do the same!
Stay strong Reddit Nation!
When I was a small child my Grandmother died from lung cancer, smoking related. As a result, my Mother was quite adamant that I would never take up smoking. For over thirty years I've lived my life without a cigarette ever touching my lips, and then this post gave me cancer anyway.

Bravo.
León
Greenhorn

Post by León »

Mknster hunter now is the new pokermon go
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

Zea wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:53 pm When I was a small child my Grandmother died from lung cancer, smoking related. As a result, my Mother was quite adamant that I would never take up smoking. For over thirty years I've lived my life without a cigarette ever touching my lips, and then this post gave me cancer anyway.

Bravo.
Thank you for perfectly articulating what I was feeling, lmao.
León wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:15 am Mknster hunter now is the new pokermon go
The expansion will be called Monster Hunter Right Now, and the sequel will be Monster Hunter Immediately.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Draculestia wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:51 pmThe expansion will be called Monster Hunter Right Now, and the sequel will be Monster Hunter Immediately.
Why is this the funniest thing I've read in a long time
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Tavern”