Suggestion: Upvote system

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
Shincry
Greenhorn

Suggestion: Upvote system

Post by Shincry »

I was wondering if a upvote system would be welcomed here.

Kinda like this!

Pretty sure is not possible, but, if the upvote system is implemented, maybe to show in the profile the total amount of upvotes.

Since there's no "negative" downvote it won't promote anything toxic and since comments are not ordered by amount of upvotes it won't also stomp any other comment from less upvoted people.

Edit: This also makes so lurkers can feel included in the forum community

Edit2: Maybe a custom icon like a steak, potion or whatever
PET THE POOGIE
Lutyrannus

Re: Suggestion: Upvote system

Post by Lutyrannus »

I don't think phpBB has any type of system, and I don't think it would be a good idea because it would introduce karma baiting as a possible concept. We don't want this forum to just echo mainstream takes that would get a lot of likes, but rather we want it to facilitate engaging discourse that might be lost in a conventional social media format like Discord, Twitter, or Reddit. So I think the lack of an upvote button is actually an asset to this community.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Shincry
Greenhorn

Post by Shincry »

I see, it does make sense
PET THE POOGIE
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

Lutyrannus wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:29 pm I don't think phpBB has any type of system, and I don't think it would be a good idea because it would introduce karma baiting as a possible concept. We don't want this forum to just echo mainstream takes that would get a lot of likes, but rather we want it to facilitate engaging discourse that might be lost in a conventional social media format like Discord, Twitter, or Reddit. So I think the lack of an upvote button is actually an asset to this community.
100% agree.

Return to “Tavern”