Just bought a replacement remote for my CRT

The place to discuss ANYTHING not related to the Monster Hunter universe. Please, keep politics, religions, and any controversial topic out of this section.
Lutyrannus

Just bought a replacement remote for my CRT

Post by Lutyrannus »

Whelp, at Roy's suggestion, I'm buying a replacement remote for my Sony KV-32FS13 CRT-TV in order to turn off red push. I don't know why but I'm surprisingly excited about this, lmfao. Using this TV without a remote has been fine since it's on my desk, but it's gonna be great to have.

Edit: btw if you're curious, this is what the remote looks like:
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Grender
Admin

Re: Just bought a replacement remote for my CRT

Post by Grender »

Having a remote is most of the time a requirement to access the factory settings so it's good to have one in order to properly calibrate the TV.
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Grender wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:36 am Having a remote is most of the time a requirement to access the factory settings so it's good to have one in order to properly calibrate the TV.
Yep, that's why I'm getting it. I want to turn off the red push.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Rune
Greenhorn

Post by Rune »

it is a pet peeve of mine when televisions lock some functionality behind the remote. on my crt it's the service menu like grender mentioned, but on my old hdtv, you actually can't choose how 4:3 content is adapted to 16:9 without a remote, which left me stuck with 16:9 monhun for a couple weeks until i got a remote :/

i just don't trust wireless technology. give me wires and large keypads
MH1 HR20
they/them
mi wile toki pona

Return to “Off-Topic”