suggestion: merge all "general" and "questions" subforums

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
pepesito1
Ranger

suggestion: merge all "general" and "questions" subforums

Post by pepesito1 »

in my opinion it would be a lot better and make the forum a bit less messier (or prevent it from getting messy) if these simply merged; thoughts?
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Lutyrannus

Re: suggestion: merge all "general" and "questions" subforums

Post by Lutyrannus »

I'm the one who originally suggested they be separate, but I wouldn't be opposed to merging them. I just don't want people to suffer the issue of wondering "where do I post this?" whenever they have a random errant question about a game - and also it means that people who don't want to see these types of posts can just ignore them completely. That being said, I think there is a value in having these questions front and center, where more people can answer them, and I have no clue how many of them there will be.

My proposal would be to keep them merged unless/until the general subforum becomes overrun with greenhorn questions, in which case we can re-open the "Questions" subforum.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

I prefer them been separated for two reasons:
Less cluster and more order.

Having them all in one place could be more convenient but it will be make a total disorder to just know if they are asking a question, if they are making an statement, if they are giving an opinion, etc. Making everything just blend together and easy to get confuse and also having them separated makes it easier to search for something if you are trying to find something specific.
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

I don't think it's confusing at all to combine them, but I do think the naming of the board is confusing. "Questions" can be a question to prompt discussion, like "what's your favourite monster?", and a question can also be "I can't beat this Yian Garuga, what am I doing wrong?". Maybe "Help and Strategy" would be a better name, as an example. Also, asking for help can be just as good of a discussion-starter as anything else. I don't actually expect a place like this to get flooded with beginners who are lost and confused and need help, so combining the two boards would probably be more beneficial than harmful. Perhaps a poll on it in a month's time to see what we'd all prefer would help?
Grender
Admin

Post by Grender »

I renamed that section from "Questions" to "Help & Support", I think it's more clear now. ;)
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12

Return to “Tavern”