Thoughts on Surge Slash

Monster Hunter Rise is an action RPG that will transport players to the colorful Kamura Village, an all-new serene mountain locale that attracts visitors with its unique culture and innovative hunting technologies.
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Thoughts on Surge Slash

Post by WillowCatkinsMaria »

Surge Slash style for Greatsword is a primarily combo way of using the greatsword, charging matters too, but not as much, what’s your thoughts on it?

I think it’s fun, neat and good for reaching Diablos tails.
Willow is the kitty cat ever she is babie dearest <3 <3 <3

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Berry
Greenhorn

Re: Thoughts on Surge Slash

Post by Berry »

I think my main gripe is that a majority of the attacks mainly push you back a bit more than I feel like it should, and the attacks do meant to be a gap closer just don't quite reach far enough. I think tuning of one side or the other would make it a lot more smooth to properly play. I also imagine it really might be a bit hard to balance just right, especially since I feel like since Frostcraft came back draw slash playstyle has yet again resurfaced in a pretty strong way (Not that I mind, in fact that is arguably one of my favorite styles to play GS on this game after all)

Overall though, I'll still stand by it's by far the best switch art in the entire game, an entire playstyle swap is super cool and it's not objectively a better pick than the other options. I also believe switch arts like these would have defined the scroll swap mechanic a ton more.
We drink Ritalin! | discogreninjafrog
Moze
Greenhorn

Post by Moze »

surge slash actually reminds me of 2nd gen LS more than combo GS with how the different attacks affect your positioning so you have to use the correct combo of attacks for your situation. It's really cool and a worthy successor to old school GS gameplay imo. I'd really like to see it become the default playstyle for GS going forward
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Probably one of the best things in all of Sunbreak, honestly. It's good to have combo GS back, even if in a radically different form
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Monster Hunter Rise / Sunbreak”