What are you guys favorite weapons and why?

Anything related to the game can fit here.
Lori
Greenhorn

Re: What are you guys favorite weapons and why?

Post by Lori »

Dual blades! I'd actually strongly disliked this weapon when I initially tried it in F1, but eventually, after playing gen 2 enough, I was at the point where I was just making random new MHFU characters and purposefully playing through the entire game with one weapon. I landed on dual blades eventually and was very pleasantly surprised at how much depth these had! The new cancel windows, the demon mode management, the somewhat large and well rounded moveset... everything works together so well. I'm currently loving them just as much in Dos!
Captain of Navirou's Love Club (They/Them)
MH2/MHF Dual Blade fanatic
MH1 Greatsword apologist

PFP and signature BG by @Fawxhead on Twitter!
Dewqu
Greenhorn

Post by Dewqu »

It's really hard for me to decide tbh, but it's a three way tie between SnS, HH and GL.

I always gravitated towards SnS, it's an incredibly comfy weapon, plenty of mobility, and being able to roll out of a lot of your moves helps out a ton. The weapon designs are also always fantastic, which certainly helps. Gunlance has always been a fave of mine, u can never go wrong with a bunch of explosions, while Hunting Horn wasn't a thing i was originally interested in, I tried it out in P3rd when i first started and instantly fell in love with what at the time imo was a more interesting Hammer, since then if I needed a blunt weapon I usually defaulted to Hunting Horn.

It's what I have been using in Dos, with SnS as a backup option, and so far I haven't found gen 2 horn to be too much of a bother, but that might change in the future. Having to memorize ur song list is certainly a thing to get used too though.
Clearly the best hunter around, will upswing you
MH1JP HR15
Artylo
Greenhorn

Post by Artylo »

My usual rotation is kinda based around having one of each type of damage around at all times, i.e. bludgeoning, slashing and something ranged.
I used to be a pretty dedicated longsword player and I kinda still am, especially when Rise decided to go pretty much nuts and give me like three different parry moves, so that I can play Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike with the monster while I'm on a hunt.
Eventually I do always get bored of the high octane high DPS lifestyle and just go into other people's hunts with a hunting horn on a whim and start kitting myself out for that weapon as well. I find it to be more relaxed, especially when I know just being present and pressing my buffs sometimes is enough to justify being in the hunt. I do get pretty tryhard with the horn after a while too. At some point I just make a set for each element and raw and once I run out of things to work towards or have to fight something really though I switch to my third and final love - LBG.
To this day I still have no clue how the gun parameters work, I just make a set that makes recoil and reload as close to zero and choose whichever ammo type I like the most - usually Pierce, as you might imagine. LBG is my absolute true airhead weapon, because I just put on a movie and start blasting on the other screen. Eventually I started to realise that my choice of weapon pretty much depends on how little I have to pay attention to the game. It's this slow gradation from being super intense to not even looking at the screen.
— Arty

I'm just a voice, pal.
Host of ARTV. Poseur anarcho-punk. Occasional writer, programmer and editor. 5級 in Riichi Mahjong.
MH1 - HR15 - ID: 7BKNX0 · MHG - N/A · MH2 - N/A · MH Sunbreak- MR503:HR757:AL300
gandalfsoda
Greenhorn

Post by gandalfsoda »

yknow what's really weird is my go-to weapon in every game is the dual blades, but i'm actually not too big on using them as much in dos so far, granted i haven't really gotten a good set of dual blades, but i find their combos are too quick for me to flick the stick with hahaha. However, i really like how sword and shield feels and especially longsword in this game. some of my favourite weapons in the old games is def Eager Cleaver and the Velocidrome Claws, and for Sword and Shield i've always loved the Rath weapon lines. I like the whole look of the rathalos weapons as well as the golden rathian version of blazing falchion, but i've always found the pink rathian sns is so pretty, i just love it's thorny rapier look. i actually dont even know if that weapon is in dos, i hope it is because it isn't in tri and that makes me sad :(
She/Her. Avid fan of MHTri and others. Ruby ingame in MH1JP, MH2, and MH3.
shamino
Greenhorn

Post by shamino »

My all time favorite is archdemon mode Dual blades. In Dos I settle with the simplicity of SnS and its neat jumping slash, also the Hammer with the spinning move, despite being kinda unreliable oftentimes.
I still fond of dual blades in second generation, issue is I dislike using dash juices and the sets having stamina are usually unappealing to me. But still can rock Dual Blades with an evasive build.

Return to “General”