Would you play base MH4 if an English Patch is released?

Monster Hunter 4 is the first 4th gen game in the Monster Hunter series. It is the second game in the aforementioned series to be released on the Nintendo 3DS. Two new Weapon Classes are introduced in this game, one of them being the Insect Glaive.
Jurther
Greenhorn

Would you play base MH4 if an English Patch is released?

Post by Jurther »

I would like to have an aproximation of how many of you will play it.
I started in Kokoto, and trained in Pokke, now I work for Minegarde and Dundorma!

Forgotten MH Discord: https://discord.gg/UsN72pQ8zN
Lutyrannus

Re: Would you play base MH4 if an English Patch is released?

Post by Lutyrannus »

I will play base Monster Hunter 4 eventually whether or not an English patch is released, so I suppose yes.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
León
Greenhorn

Post by León »

I personally dont see the point in going back to 4, even if it was in english.
The only difference between both games that i can think of (Exept the whole g rank thing) is that CB is missing a few moves.
Id rather try out 4G to expierience some of the JP only event quests!
Jurther
Greenhorn

Post by Jurther »

That is understandable, but I think it is still worth. For what I know the game has more differences in the meta so it may be better than we think. Anyway I suggest anyone that never played MH4U to play MH4 because you can always transfer to 4G later.
I started in Kokoto, and trained in Pokke, now I work for Minegarde and Dundorma!

Forgotten MH Discord: https://discord.gg/UsN72pQ8zN
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

I'll give it a playthrough but I probably won't bother with 4G, I'm not particularly interested in the exclusive event quests. I do love playing charge blade so I am interested in seeing it's original version.
MH1 - HR 20 | MHG - HR 30 | MH Dos - HR 200+ | MH Tri - HR 100+
MH3U - HR 70+ | MH 4U - HR 200+ | MH GU - HR 100+
MH World - HR 400+ | MH Rise - HR 850+
pepesito1
Ranger

Post by pepesito1 »

the only difference is youll be running lvl80 high rank frenzied guild quests instead of g rank apex lvl140s, so no, i dont see any reason to play mh4 over mh4u
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Seagifts
Greenhorn

Post by Seagifts »

Im currently playing it, and only have some issues when it comes to understand quests objectives. A patch would be nice tho :D
Mutis
Greenhorn

Post by Mutis »

I literally just asked the same question a year ago in the MH Old School server and I have been convinced to play this game by a random person. And now after playing the game and still yet, I do not regret.

t's a lot different when you only focus on meta; since I've been playing this game generally with an insane speedrun teamgroup (composed of a 4 Japanese and 1 European who was more or less the leader) It's amazing how cool they can make this game look, like what I mean is many of the runs we did were very different than MH4U/MH4G ones, the run strategies were in creative pace (something that is lacking in MH4U CO-OP speedrun world according to them, since you get punished a lot if you try doing the same run strategy on a LVL140 GQ or in G rank because monsters have big status resistance and a bag of HP) and what I've come out in summary is that this game requires more genius and more thinking than MH4U speed strategies.

Of course I just got lucky meeting these cool people which effectively made me enjoy the game, I still don't know what would be my rating toward this game If I played it alone with online randoms.
May be you won't experience the same thing as I did, especially if you are more of a casual hunter. But here is at least my experience with this game and I can admit that this title has many different things than MH4U/4G.

Hopefully a patch later on. :D
Malckyor
Greenhorn

Post by Malckyor »

I want to experience each game independently, so yeah.
Seeking the horizon, hearing the wristling of the wind, a cloak on my sholders, adventuring above and beyond.
Pursuing me is not wise but it's a choice you have...
Schrade Academy
Greenhorn

Post by Schrade Academy »

My intention is to play it and catalog the differences between the 4 and 4G once i transfer my save and finishing both.
I feel that it will help more people to know more about each game good and bad points, and also guide them in choosing what will be the best experience for them in the long run (after finishing the main story).
Monster Hunter Lore and Worldview Researcher
Hunter from Pokke since 2011
Youtube Channel (BR): Schrade Academy

Return to “Monster Hunter 4”