Which is the correct moment to transfer progress from MH1 to MHG?

Are you stuck? Don't know how to do something? Ask here!
Joltysonic
Greenhorn

Which is the correct moment to transfer progress from MH1 to MHG?

Post by Joltysonic »

Title, basically. I have finished all the village quests (except the bonus urgent quests) and I've just played online up to HR4.

Is this a good moment to transfer my progress to Monster Hunter G or should I complete everything on the village and reach HR13 before moving on?
Adam
Ranger

Re: Which is the correct moment to transfer progress from MH1 to MHG?

Post by Adam »

The village content is very similar but if you play enough village to get the Hero's Blade and hunters citation you can get them again in G. When it comes to playing town I recommend playing to at least HR13 to unlock high rank quests, when you go past HR13 in MH1 it will get revered to HR13 when you transfer. The main reason to play to HR13 in MH1 is to experience the different systems and there are more people to play with in low rank.
MH1 - HR 20 | MHG - HR 30 | MH Dos - HR 200+ | MH Tri - HR 100+
MH3U - HR 70+ | MH 4U - HR 200+ | MH GU - HR 100+
MH World - HR 400+ | MH Rise - HR 850+
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

I forgot to also mention the MH1 has more event quests and exclusive rewards from the event quests that you can't get in MHG at the moment.
MH1 - HR 20 | MHG - HR 30 | MH Dos - HR 200+ | MH Tri - HR 100+
MH3U - HR 70+ | MH 4U - HR 200+ | MH GU - HR 100+
MH World - HR 400+ | MH Rise - HR 850+
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Joltysonic wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:29 pm Title, basically. I have finished all the village quests (except the bonus urgent quests) and I've just played online up to HR4.

Is this a good moment to transfer my progress to Monster Hunter G or should I complete everything on the village and reach HR13 before moving on?
It depends on how much you're enjoying yourself and what your intention is, in my opinion. I played all of MH1 and am not going to start my transfer until I get literally all the equipment I want.

HR4 does seem very early to transfer, though, unless you're just not enjoying 1JP. I personally, if I was playing it and transferring partway through my playthrough rather than at the end, would transfer at HR13 after the HR13 urgent.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Help & Support”