Equipment Collectors: How do you like to sort your Equipment Boxes?

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
arkenDuelcalion
Greenhorn

Equipment Collectors: How do you like to sort your Equipment Boxes?

Post by arkenDuelcalion »

i'm curious! people like to discuss different ways they sort their item boxes, particularly with MH1, but i don't hear as much about equipment sorting. what's your approach? do you like to color coordinate your equipment icons? do you prioritize any weapon types? do you give up on sorting your equipment and just auto-sort everything? i wanna hear about it!!
to start us off, here are some of my equipment boxes:

--- here's my MH1 box! ---

the top 3 rows contain most of my weapons, sorted by weapon type and strength from the top-left to the bottom-right. armor sets are sorted based on when i got them chronologically, from right to left. on the left side there are a few extra weapons that i don't use, but i like to keep around (crystal hammer + bone broadaxe since they were my lowrank village progression buddies, lacerator blade for MHG opening CG rathalos armor hunter cosplay)

--- here's da MHG box WOW so many pages now ---
Image Image Image

you might be able to tell how the first page was built off my MH1 box... i was able to reorganize the weapons section quite a bit, having over double the amount of space to work with above the armor section -- having a full row for each weapon class worked out pretty nicely i think. page 1 ended up storing most of my low + high rank equipment
i ignored page 2 for most of my playtime! page 3 has a cooler, blue background so it was my first choice for storing all my g-rank equipment. since i didn't need any extra space to store low / high rank gear, page 2 ended up as a sort of "overflow" for any armor sets that were too weird to take up space on page 3 (plus some greatswords because there are simply SO many greatswords, they're hard to all fit in a line together...)
also for armor sets on page 3: i couldnt tell you if i sorted them from the left or from the right, to be honest ._. i think i might've put some stuff over on the right before i filled it in completely with armor

--- aaaaaaaaaand heres MH2! offline only gear at the moment ---
Image Image Image

2 things different from before: armor is DEIFNITIVELY sorted from the left this time around!! and for now i only have 1 row reserved for each weapon class
i will definitely need to reorganize my weapons by the time the servers release and i begin collecting weapons more seriously... but for the time being i think it looks nice like this! page 1 has the main four blademaster weapons, and page 2 has their "counterparts"

feel free to drop any equipment sorting wisdom you have in this thread ^v^
pepesito1
Ranger

Re: Equipment Collectors: How do you like to sort your Equipment Boxes?

Post by pepesito1 »

i press the "select" button on my controller
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

I love when I spend 30 minutes organizing my box and I accidentally press the sort button :,)
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
arkenDuelcalion
Greenhorn

AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:08 am I love when I spend 30 minutes organizing my box and I accidentally press the sort button :,)
whaaaa?? do you mean to imply you haven't re-sorted your equipment since then!?
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

arkenDuelcalion wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:50 am
AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:08 am I love when I spend 30 minutes organizing my box and I accidentally press the sort button :,)
Yes, I haven't, I'm ashamed of my actions
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
arkenDuelcalion
Greenhorn

AmyRoxwell wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:06 am
arkenDuelcalion wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:50 am
Yes, I haven't, I'm ashamed of my actions
aw i'm sure you'll feel up to it at some point! theres no need to worry about it until then (o゚v゚)b
Bikko
Greenhorn

Post by Bikko »

edit: oops sorry that was item box i can't read
did you know if you throw a dung bomb at cats in tri they get stunned
WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Post by WillowCatkinsMaria »

I do it by element & ailment, esp in GU because whoo weeee that ol box is fillleeedddd to the brim
Willow is the kitty cat ever she is babie dearest <3 <3 <3

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

pepesito1 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:31 am i press the "select" button on my controller
This. The only benefit (in my opinion) of manually organising an equipment box is being able to group the pieces into full sets if the game doesn't have armour sets you can register, or if you've run out of armour set slots.
Bikko wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:12 pmedit: oops sorry that was item box i can't read
When are people going to let this awful meme die? Just unplug the life support already.
pepesito1
Ranger

Post by pepesito1 »

Draculestia wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:03 pm When are people going to let this awful meme die? Just unplug the life support already.
:roll:
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.

Return to “Tavern”