So, Who's Enjoying this Open Beta

Monster Hunter 3 Tri is the third installment in the Monster Hunter series and is the direct sequel to Monster Hunter Dos. It included several new mechanics like underwater combat.
Lutyrannus

Re: So, Who's Enjoying this Open Beta

Post by Lutyrannus »

My desire to play it is honestly pretty low specifically because of the 4-player lobbies.

I have practically no interest in online MonHun multiplayer if there's no way to run multiple parties out of the same lobby... and knowing the Japanese version has 10-player lobbies and the game was designed around that, the 4-player lobbies in the North American version just seem so whack to me. :cry:
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Random Dude
Greenhorn

Post by Random Dude »

I understand how Luty feels. It's just a different feeling overall when it's big lobbies. It feels like you're part of a bigger community.

To be honest, I prefer big lobbies as well just because of how cool it is to see many people running around, communicating and whatnot.

When the lobbies are small in comparison, it just feels a bit more isolated and smaller of course.

Tri is still great to play online regardless.
My honest reaction to your post.
gandalfsoda
Greenhorn

Post by gandalfsoda »

I'd like to see if MH3SP could make the lobbies 10 players again like in the japanese version, but i don't know how feasible it is. I still dont get why Capcom made that decision to begin with. For 3U, a game built mostly around the 3DS, i understand the jump to 4 player lobbies. but Tri was a mainconsole game, so... And i don't think wii-chat was all that novel to change the halls for lol
She/Her. Avid fan of MHTri and others. Ruby ingame in MH1JP, MH2, and MH3.
Dewqu
Greenhorn

Post by Dewqu »

Lutyrannus wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:46 am My desire to play it is honestly pretty low specifically because of the 4-player lobbies.

I have practically no interest in online MonHun multiplayer if there's no way to run multiple parties out of the same lobby... and knowing the Japanese version has 10-player lobbies and the game was designed around that, the 4-player lobbies in the North American version just seem so whack to me. :cry:
Alas I don't think we will ever see MH3JP private servers, it is how it is :(
Clearly the best hunter around, will upswing you
MH1JP HR15
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Random Dude wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:51 pm I understand how Luty feels. It's just a different feeling overall when it's big lobbies. It feels like you're part of a bigger community.

To be honest, I prefer big lobbies as well just because of how cool it is to see many people running around, communicating and whatnot.

When the lobbies are small in comparison, it just feels a bit more isolated and smaller of course.

Tri is still great to play online regardless.
Yeah, and even then, I don't think it would bother me as much if it wasn't for the fact that they didn't even change how the game was designed. For example, there's no way to password a lobby, you can only password a quest, which makes sense if you can have up to 10 people together, but doesn't in 4-player lobbies.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Bikko
Greenhorn

Post by Bikko »

Been playing since the closed beta, and ever since the open beta released, it has been very accurate to the feel of what it was like playing back in 2011. I think it is very cool there are usually around 50 people on, hoping it lasts!!! (Although I do predict it will fall off considering the relatively sparse amount of things to do late in the game.)
Lutyrannus wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:46 am My desire to play it is honestly pretty low specifically because of the 4-player lobbies.

That feels like a pretty minor thing to not play a game over, 4 player lobbies aren't that bad...
did you know if you throw a dung bomb at cats in tri they get stunned
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Bikko wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:42 pm

That feels like a pretty minor thing to not play a game over, 4 player lobbies aren't that bad...
I mean, I understand why it doesn't matter to some people. And honestly, if there was a way to kick/password lobbies, I don't think I would mind, even if I would prefer the 10-player hubs.
Bikko
Greenhorn

Post by Bikko »

Lutyrannus wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:49 pm
Bikko wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:42 pm

I mean, I understand why it doesn't matter to some people. And honestly, if there was a way to kick/password lobbies, I don't think I would mind, even if I would prefer the 10-player hubs.
I would just leave and remake the lobby or swap servers or something, or pick a lower pop server/gate. It's mostly only on Valor US that you get people butting into your lobby posting HR grind trite and begging for jhens.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Bikko wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:55 pm
Bikko wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:42 pm That feels like a pretty minor thing to not play a game over, 4 player lobbies aren't that bad...
I would just leave and remake the lobby or swap servers or something, or pick a lower pop server/gate. It's mostly only on Valor US that you get people butting into your lobby posting HR grind trite and begging for jhens.
I mean, yeah, but I really really really don't like that feeling. The social atmosphere is my favorite part about playing Monster Hunter online, so not being able to engage with that part outside of people you know already is kind of sad...
Bikko
Greenhorn

Post by Bikko »

Lutyrannus wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:09 pm
Bikko wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:55 pm

I mean, yeah, but I really really really don't like that feeling. The social atmosphere is my favorite part about playing Monster Hunter online, so not being able to engage with that part outside of people you know already is kind of sad...
It's still pretty easy to meet new people playing I think, it's more of an issue when you want to do specific things but you cannot specify it in the room name (or people ignore it)

Return to “Monster Hunter 3 Tri”