[OCTOBER POLL] Which game is your favorite?

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.

Which MH game on PS2 is your favorite?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:31 am

Monster Hunter [JP/K]
24%
Monster Hunter [NA/EU]
No votes
Monster Hunter G
8%
Monster Hunter 2 (dos)
68%

Total votes: 25

Adam
Ranger

Re: [OCTOBER POLL] Which game is your favorite?

Post by Adam »

monmonboy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 am I picked up MHG today and am excited to try it for the first time. I don’t know the differences between MH-Jp and MH-Eng and MHG … why is MH-Jp more popular than the other two?

My impression from reading old MH promotional material in English was that the translators made it a real passion project back then and did a good job.
MH1JP is the true first game in the series as MH1NA has many balance changes that they later used for MHG in Japan and also added dual blades. The reason why MH1NA isn't popular is that it doesn't have any online servers so half of the game is missing.
MH1 - HR 20 | MHG - HR 30 | MH Dos - HR 200+ | MH Tri - HR 100+
MH3U - HR 70+ | MH 4U - HR 200+ | MH GU - HR 100+
MH World - HR 400+ | MH Rise - HR 850+
yursk
Greenhorn

Re: [OCTOBER POLL] Which game is your favorite?

Post by yursk »

I like MH1jp because I think it's good to feel that raw experience, I mean is cool to see how the game was and why other releases had those improvements. Is great to see the foundations of a really good game.
MH1: Yursk-HR: 20 (ID: 5P3DHL) / MHG: Menia-HR: 5 (ID: G06NTQ) / MH2: Rynx-HR: 1 (ID: RT2XHH) / MH3: Yursk-HR: 1 (ID: Z0ZCBC)
Spanish/English/Learning Swedish hehe

Return to “Tavern”