green colour and Ripened mushroom, where???

Are you stuck? Don't know how to do something? Ask here!
Drew
Greenhorn

green colour and Ripened mushroom, where???

Post by Drew »

Firstly, I would like to say that I recently discovered the server, which made me start playing again, I love the game and I will express my thanks to those involved whenever I can.

regarding my doubt...

I wanted to get the green color, as far as I know it requires 30 hunts + sub, but I already have more than 400 hours of play, 100% complete offline or close to that, and I couldn't get the green color. It must be nonsense to some but I really don't know what's missing.

Is it necessary to do 30 different hunts? Or 30 in sequence?

As for the mushroom, I ran into this problem when searching for the color, some missions I know I won't be able to complete the Subs, as I've never caught a Ripened mushroom, does anyone know how to get it?
Lutyrannus

Re: green colour and Ripened mushroom, where???

Post by Lutyrannus »

Green color is for doing enough gathering subquests. Have you unlocked the ability to manually select/change your symbol color?
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Stephan/Gukst
Greenhorn

Post by Stephan/Gukst »

You get the green symbol colour for Delivery objectives, meaning everything that you bring to the red box counts, which is also why I don't agree with the term "gathering objectives" being used in the context of unlocking this symbol clolour.

These objectives don't stack meaning doing the mushroom gathering quest and all it's subquests will still only count as 1 completion towards the unlock.
these points only count for 100 quests meaning if you had completed 5 delivery objectives and then did 97 non delivery quests then you only have 3 points left.

Edit: this horribly simple math I somehow got wrong

I hope I could explain it well enough to you!
Good luck with the unlock! Don't forget you can do any quest and just do a delivery subquest, if only doing mushroom deliveries gets too monotonous!
Last edited by Stephan/Gukst on Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drew
Greenhorn

Post by Drew »

Lutyrannus wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:32 pm Green color is for doing enough gathering subquests. Have you unlocked the ability to manually select/change your symbol color?
Yes, I already have the ability to choose the color.
Stephan/Gukst wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:13 am You get the green symbol colour for Delivery objectives, meaning everything that you bring to the red box counts, which is also why I don't agree with the term "gathering objectives" being used in the context of unlocking this symbol clolour.

These objectives don't stack meaning doing the mushroom gathering quest and all it's subquests will still only count as 1 completion towards the unlock.
these points only count for 100 quests meaning if you had completed 5 delivery objectives and then did 102 non delivery quests then you only have 3 points left.

I hope I could explain it well enough to you!
Good luck with the unlock! Don't forget you can do any quest and just do a delivery subquest, if only doing mushroom deliveries gets too monotonous!
Thanks, now it makes more sense. From what I understand, I can even repeat the mushroom delivery mission 30 times, right?
Thank you for your help!
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Stephan/Gukst wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:13 amYou get the green symbol colour for Delivery objectives, meaning everything that you bring to the red box counts, which is also why I don't agree with the term "gathering objectives" being used in the context of unlocking this symbol clolour.
What do you mean? It's gathering, acquiring items. Any objective where the objective is to gather items, is a gathering quest.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Stephan/Gukst
Greenhorn

Post by Stephan/Gukst »

Lutyrannus wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 am
Stephan/Gukst wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:13 amYou get the green symbol colour for Delivery objectives, meaning everything that you bring to the red box counts, which is also why I don't agree with the term "gathering objectives" being used in the context of unlocking this symbol clolour.
What do you mean? It's gathering, acquiring items. Any objective where the objective is to gather items, is a gathering quest.
No. The objective is to deliver 10 mushrooms, not to gather 10 mushrooms.

It's because a lot of people have the assumption that gathering quests only count as the one's you pick up from the ground like mushrooms or beetles, while in reality also the raw meat objective from the mushroom quest counts, and many don't see carving as gathering. Saying "delivery objective" is very clear and doesn't have any potential for misleading assumptions, I think the wiki should adapt this term too. You're probably gonna disagree but that's all there is to it.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Stephan/Gukst wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:44 am
Lutyrannus wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 am
No. The objective is to deliver 10 mushrooms, not to gather 10 mushrooms.

It's because a lot of people have the assumption that gathering quests only count as the one's you pick up from the ground like mushrooms or beetles, while in reality also the raw meat objective from the mushroom quest counts, and many don't see carving as gathering. Saying "delivery objective" is very clear and doesn't have any potential for misleading assumptions, I think the wiki should adapt this term too. You're probably gonna disagree but that's all there is to it.
I mean MH1 literally refers to them as "gathering" quests, lol. That's where the term comes from. They even use that term for "delivery objectives" like Piscine Livers that require combat to acquire. Functionally, anything that acquires items, is "gathering" items, in my opinion.

Return to “Help & Support”