Introductions? Introduction!

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
DJ Trash Raptor
Greenhorn

Re: Introductions? Introduction!

Post by DJ Trash Raptor »

i've been a huntress since 2015 starting with 4U and to say i've become obsessed with this franchise would be an absolute understatement

i currently own every mainline MH game except MH1, MHG, MHDOS, and Tri but i'm working towards acquiring a copy of those whenever i can!
i main the IG and hammer but i also sometimes use the switch axe

outside of monster hunter, i'm also into paleontology and zoology in general, although only as a hobby

i also do art stuff (sometimes) and currently working on a novel!
moster honter :)
certified lunatic and on a mission to do as many quests throughout the franchise as i physically can
i draw things sometimes
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

DJ Trash Raptor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:12 pm i've been a huntress since 2015 starting with 4U and to say i've become obsessed with this franchise would be an absolute understatement

i currently own every mainline MH game except MH1, MHG, MHDOS, and Tri but i'm working towards acquiring a copy of those whenever i can!
i main the IG and hammer but i also sometimes use the switch axe

outside of monster hunter, i'm also into paleontology and zoology in general, although only as a hobby

i also do art stuff (sometimes) and currently working on a novel!
glad to have you :) checking out your sig, we seem to share a similar goal. I want to do every quest in every MH game.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
DJ Trash Raptor
Greenhorn

Post by DJ Trash Raptor »

damn, what are the odds of that then!

i wish you luck on your own series completion quest :D
moster honter :)
certified lunatic and on a mission to do as many quests throughout the franchise as i physically can
i draw things sometimes
jiwoo2
Greenhorn

Post by jiwoo2 »

Hello! I'm JiWoo and I discovered your forum recently. I love Monster Hunter video games and I play Monster Hunter World often. I want to try older games, but I don't know which one to choose.
Have a nice day!
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

jiwoo2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:53 am Hello! I'm JiWoo and I discovered your forum recently. I love Monster Hunter video games and I play Monster Hunter World often. I want to try older games, but I don't know which one to choose.
Have a nice day!
Personally speaking, I will always recommend that people start with the first game, because not only is it the easiest combat-wise of the three PS2 games, it's also the simplest by far. The only thing that's not very welcoming to newcomers is that it's very grindy, but you can always transfer your save to Monster Hunter G whenever you feel like if you're getting bored of the grind.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Death_Larsen_
Greenhorn

Post by Death_Larsen_ »

What a freaking epic community. Wow.

My name is Layne (he/him), and I just stumbled on MHO after a VERY long hiatus with these games. I played the shit out of MH1 when it was released and...well, that was it...haven't touched any of the others.

I recently hooked up my ps2 again, and have been loving MH2Dos, thanks to the new english patch and this incredible server. It honestly feels like coming home. MH1, G, and 2 have unbeatable charm. I remember reading about MH2 back in the day, and being so bummed it wasn't coming to the west. I am still pinching myself that it's not only playable, but there are cool humans still playing these games. Very stoked.

I guess I don't have a favorite monster. I mostly just like chilling, meeting folks, questing, and immersing myself in this world. So the best monster is whichever one someone needs help with :)

Anyway, cheers and excited to see ya'll out there

Return to “Tavern”