how do you Claw-Grip

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
Stephan/Gukst
Greenhorn

how do you Claw-Grip

Post by Stephan/Gukst »

So how do you all hold your PSPs/Controllers?
Edit: I'm also interested on how the fuck you're supposed to play on 3DS

Here's an image on how I do it, although not entirely accurate because I'm holding it in 1 hand. (also wtf this image is huge in the preview)

I pretty much press the D-pad with the "Middle Phalanx" and the joint between that and the "Distal Phalanx"

we had a small discussion of it in the Oldschool Discord server recently and now I'm interested
So the question now is: How do you people hold your controllers when you claw, how does it differ? How do we achieve the most comfortable Claw-Grip?
Grender
Admin

Re: how do you Claw-Grip

Post by Grender »

I basically do a "C":

Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Grender wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:36 pm I basically do a "C":

I do also the C claw
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
monmonboy
Greenhorn

Post by monmonboy »

Stephan/Gukst wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:07 am So how do you all hold your PSPs/Controllers?
Edit: I'm also interested on how the fuck you're supposed to play on 3DS
On 3DS I’ve switched from using the touch-screen camera control to just using the left hand controls. I decided I prefer playing when the camera isn’t moving all the time so I can take in the sights. Left shoulder button is good. Does everyone have camera control preferences or do you use whatever?

For all systems I use left shoulder when moving, thumb on d-pad when admiring the view, and the C claw as above at odd times.
Yuminda
Greenhorn

Post by Yuminda »

I also do the normal PSP-Claw as shown above. At least for the real PSP and e.g. a PS5 Controller for emulated oldschool MH games like 1/G/2.

Since I have a NN3DSXL (the 4U one), I play the 3DS games with the C-Stick of the 3DS. But many people with an old 3DS bought the Circle Pad Pro, right? I guess it's really weird to play the game with touchpad camera or L shoulder button only, lol. But I have heard of those people... In ancient tales. :lol:
yursk
Greenhorn

Post by yursk »

I do that same C, but think could be better using a ps2 joystick, the psp for me is too small. I tried too to play with an xbox joystick and is really painful, at least for me xD
MH1: Yursk-HR: 20 (ID: 5P3DHL) / MHG: Menia-HR: 5 (ID: G06NTQ) / MH2: Rynx-HR: 1 (ID: RT2XHH) / MH3: Yursk-HR: 1 (ID: Z0ZCBC)
Spanish/English/Learning Swedish hehe
Immorttalis
Greenhorn

Post by Immorttalis »

This is my claw grip on an Xbox controller when I need to move and rotate at the same time. Somehow this is less cramp-inducing than the PSP or 3DS grips for me.

Return to “Tavern”