[JANUARY POLL] Favorite online town?

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.

Which online town is your favorite?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 am

Minegarde
27%
Dundorma
46%
Loc Lac
27%

Total votes: 26

Lutyrannus

[JANUARY POLL] Favorite online town?

Post by Lutyrannus »

Teostra won the last poll by a single vote!

This time around I want to ask which online town you prefer: Minegarde, Dundorma, or Loc Lac? Feel free to discuss which one and why in this topic!
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
pepesito1
Ranger

Re: [JANUARY POLL] Favorite online town?

Post by pepesito1 »

hard choice between Loc Lac and Dundorma, but I believe both easily clear Minegarde just because of how much more lively they are (Minegarde really can't really be blamed for being the way it is... it's missing a lot of interactive and reactive content)
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Grender
Admin

Post by Grender »

Dundorma is amazing but Minegarde is just too special for me.
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
Zavlak
Greenhorn

Post by Zavlak »

i like the ambience of loc lac, but dundorma has to be my favorite. All of the lore surrounding the city is very interesting.
Also, how the fuck you don't see a massive petrol dragon infiltrating in your powder reserves?
Farmeando placas y rubís, succionando mega drogas demoniacas, y consumiendo nueces de dudosa procedencia.
Artylo
Greenhorn

Post by Artylo »

I really like Minegarde because it looks very simple. It's like the small desert towns you see Clint Eastwood walk through in western movies. It's not particularly flashy, has the basic amenities like a tavern and some shops, and it pretty much just a gathering place for hunters from random villages to organise and go places. The almost impoverished look of the Pawn Room, and the guitarish music you hear in it, really made an impression on me the first time I came in. It compounds on that feeling of you progressing from some village hunter with basically no rank and sleeping on a straw bed to killing elder dragons, dining on gourmet meals and sleeping in a room straight out of a mansion.
— Arty

I'm just a voice, pal.
Host of ARTV. Poseur anarcho-punk. Occasional writer, programmer and editor. 5級 in Riichi Mahjong.
MH1 - HR15 - ID: 7BKNX0 · MHG - N/A · MH2 - N/A · MH Sunbreak- MR503:HR757:AL300
Eremital
Greenhorn

Post by Eremital »

Dundorma I think captures the whole essence of what a living bustling town would be in Monster Hunter, I wish in future games we get something like it, but the focus on the new world and everything being research bases and such doesn't make me feel like we'd be getting it soon.
(they/them) Artist and proud Lance and Hunting Horn main
Stephan/Gukst
Greenhorn

Post by Stephan/Gukst »

I was talking nonesense when I had a discussion about the cities on the discord server, I love all the towns, especially dundorma with it's quirks like the shooting minigame which you can even get Monster Fluid from. But I just particularly love how Loc Lac is presented in the cutscenes and ingame, it does feel way more like a city with a ton of life in it than dundorma and minegarde do. I prefer the cartoonish presentation, visuals and vibe of Loc Lac as I think they were executed better than what the other towns tried to do.
that's what I was trying to say but I'm not good at forming comprehensive sentences
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

If anyone has idea for next months poll, feel free to drop them here.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Tavern”