[DECEMBER POLL] Which is your favorite of the elder trio?

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.

Which is your favorite of the elder trio?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:31 am

Kushala Daora
22%
Teostra
41%
Chameleos
37%

Total votes: 27

Lutyrannus

[DECEMBER POLL] Which is your favorite of the elder trio?

Post by Lutyrannus »

Sorry this one is late, I've been busy with some personal stuff!

Out of the three main elder dragons added in Monster Hunter Dos, which is your favorite? Time for a new monthly poll!
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
2Tie

Re: [DECEMBER POLL] Which is your favorite of the elder trio?

Post by 2Tie »

i've never fought chammy, but kushala can die in a hole. i've had consistent fun with teo in fourth gen onward
Server dev // MUJI HR4 // MHG HR1 // MH2 HR0
98% of hunters have moved on to fifth gen. if you're part of the 2% who still play real action hunting games, copy this into your sig.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

2Tie wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:38 pm i've never fought chammy, but kushala can die in a hole. i've had consistent fun with teo in fourth gen onward
I've never understand the hate for Kushala.

Chameleos is my third favorite monster of all time though, especially in Dos.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Kirbincho
Greenhorn

Post by Kirbincho »

Lutyrannus wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:26 pm
I've never understand the hate for Kushala.

Chameleos is my third favorite monster of all time though, especially in Dos.
Probably because its the only one with a main defense which cannot be circumvented until get ridden of it. Teo aura is just a localized desert heat at double speed and Cham invisibility isnt an issue if you know where the next move will come from (Instinct!)sadly, it got nerfed a little on later gens). But Kush is a nasty melee-repelent with a long-ass animation. And for some reason in MHDOS it could stays on fly mode almost indefinitely, making it worse if you didnt broke its face yet (Not rage/snore inducing like old-gen rathalos, but still).
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Kirbincho wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:20 pmProbably because its the only one with a main defense which cannot be circumvented until get ridden of it.
Huh? I don't even know what you mean by this. Just poison it, lol
Kirbincho wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:20 pmTeo aura is just a localized desert heat at double speed and Cham invisibility isnt an issue if you know where the next move will come from (Instinct!)
...instinct? These are both examples of auras that can also be poisoned. Chameleos is 100% invisible at first until you break its horn with dragon or poison it, just like Kushala & Teostra.
Kirbincho wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:20 pmAnd for some reason in MHDOS it could stays on fly mode almost indefinitely, making it worse if you didnt broke its face yet (Not rage/snore inducing like old-gen rathalos, but still).
Flash bombs are SO easy to use against it, though. I'm pretty sure they even give you supply flash bombs.

Return to “Tavern”