Monster Hunter Hunting Card Preservation Project

The place for media-related discussions: guidebooks, manga, artbooks, audiovisual content...
Grender
Admin

Monster Hunter Hunting Card Preservation Project

Post by Grender »

What is Monster Hunter Hunting Card?

"Monster Hunter Hunting Card" is a trading card game based on the Monster Hunter video game franchise. CAPCOM started the series on October 25, 2008. The "Monster Hunter Hunting Card" series consisted of Booster packs for 315 yen, Half pre-built decks for 756 yen and Pre-built decks for 1200 yen.

The Monster Hunter game saw periodic card updates. Following the October 25 debut, CAPCOM planned seasonal updates for Winter 2008, Spring 2009 and Summer 2009. The game was discontinued in around 2010.Confirmation needed.

In it, players compete to fulfill quests by hunting specific monsters using teams of hunters and other resources at their disposal. The first player to reach 2000 Guild Points is the winner.

There are six card types: Hunter, Otomo, Event, Quest, Target Monsters, and Guild Monsters.

What is this Preservation Project about?

The purpose of this project is to primarily digitally preserve all released Hunting Cards in digital format, but the idea is to also preserve all things related to it (manuals, tournament photos, the artbook...).

Where can I find this archive?

You will find the entire archive here (or by clicking on the banner image), more information and instructions can be found in the README file.

How can I contribute?

There are several ways to contribute:
  1. If you have cards yourself, you can scan (a good photo is better than nothing!) them and share them with me or upload them yourself to the repository via Pull Request.
  2. If you have cards you don't want anymore or simply want me to scan them, feel free to ship them to me, I will cover shipping costs if needed.
  3. Donating so I can keep buying missing cards in order to scan them (through Ko-Fi for example).

Feel free to talk here about anything related to this game!
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
Grender
Admin

Re: Monster Hunter Hunting Card Preservation Project

Post by Grender »

Today I scanned and uploaded with veeeeeeery high quality all of my cards for the 1st base set. Sadly I own 58 from a total of 90.

Grender
Admin

Post by Grender »

Many more cards have been preserved in high quality thanks to HIKARI. :)

At this moment we are only missing some cards from the 8th set and some rare promotional cards. The rest are already preserved in various qualities, so some of them will need to be rescanned at some point.

Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

I saw you got the artist of one of the signed cards you have to quote retweet you, very nice.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Media”