Anyone else not feeling this game that much?

Monster Hunter Rise is an action RPG that will transport players to the colorful Kamura Village, an all-new serene mountain locale that attracts visitors with its unique culture and innovative hunting technologies.
Shupport
Greenhorn

Anyone else not feeling this game that much?

Post by Shupport »

Alright alright, I know I may be the minority here, but I just can't get myself to actually get into RiseBreak no matter how many hours I put in.
I'm trying to play the game to just finish the storyline at this point, but I can't seem to enjoy the game like I did with World (or even with older MH games tbh.) I find it to be cool and think it has some neat stuff that was introduced, but the overall feeling I get is "Meh" which makes me :( because I do wanna enjoy it.

Maybe I'm not that far into the MR quests to enjoy the Good Shit yet but still. (I'm MR3 and HR90. I know it's a low af MR but trudging my way through Rise's short main questline to be lowkey disappointed with how it ended sucked most of my motivation to get a higher MR)
SHUPPORT on MH1JP/G , MHDOS, MHTRI , MHFRONTIERZ
POGMU & NANIKUSA on MHWORLDBORNE, MHRISEBREAK

GMT+8 time, low rank in all Shupport characters lol.
pepesito1
Ranger

Re: Anyone else not feeling this game that much?

Post by pepesito1 »

what weapon are you using
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Berry
Greenhorn

Post by Berry »

I'd honestly say that the normal story climb is the most enjoyable part, especially for the Sunbreak portion so unless you might be into that kind of content later for post game stuff it likely won't get any better from there, lol. That being said I do think MR4 is when you do get the rest of the new wirebug stuff if you haven't gotten that already and a lot of them do changes the dynamics of some weapons quite a bit, but I was never into any of them. I'd say wirebugs are outright the most intrusive thing of the entire game and it's real close to making me hate it more than clutch claw (I'm #1 defender of Hunter Arts)

It's okay though, I'll be standing here myself saying RiseBreak is the worst MH experience out of the whole series 8-)
We drink Ritalin! | discogreninjafrog
Shupport
Greenhorn

Post by Shupport »

Berry wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:08 am I'd honestly say that the normal story climb is the most enjoyable part, especially for the Sunbreak portion so unless you might be into that kind of content later for post game stuff it likely won't get any better from there, lol. That being said I do think MR4 is when you do get the rest of the new wirebug stuff if you haven't gotten that already and a lot of them do changes the dynamics of some weapons quite a bit, but I was never into any of them. I'd say wirebugs are outright the most intrusive thing of the entire game and it's real close to making me hate it more than clutch claw (I'm #1 defender of Hunter Arts)

It's okay though, I'll be standing here myself saying RiseBreak is the worst MH experience out of the whole series 8-)
Okay yeah, my brother also HATES the wirebugs lol.
I'm doing the quests to unlock more of the story cause I do want to try and kick Lunagaron's ass since I think the design is cool but other than that I'm kind of putting this game in the "Okay" category of MH games I've played.
Which is funny because I've loved all the games I've dabbled in thus far (MH1G, MHTri, MH4U, MHGU and obv MHWorld)

I'm hoping it gets a lot better as I progress in Sunbreak though cause the amount of money I paid for this game got me weeping.
SHUPPORT on MH1JP/G , MHDOS, MHTRI , MHFRONTIERZ
POGMU & NANIKUSA on MHWORLDBORNE, MHRISEBREAK

GMT+8 time, low rank in all Shupport characters lol.
Berry
Greenhorn

Post by Berry »

I think there is some okay enough stuff at the post game, and it's still something that has a grind towards to but yeah, that Lunagaron quest in specific is also honestly actually really good in it's setup and while it might have been a bit annoying to have something like that be used everytime specially as the endgame loop it's quite a shame no other quest really gets to the level of that one. I think some altering of that setup might have been more interesting for the anomaly grind at the end honestly. At least playing with friends is still fun enough in it's own right.

While it's unfortunately true that you are effectively missing a chunk of the gameplay mechanics by not using the wirebugs at all, I can at least recommend that LBG/HBG has very little if at all reliance and in my opinions, treats them more like extra tools to use rather than the objectively correct answer to use in combat and provides more of that pure experience for fighting, but that does also entail using guns in general so :lol:
We drink Ritalin! | discogreninjafrog
TacoBaka
Greenhorn

Post by TacoBaka »

I kinda dropped sunbreak around TU3 or 4 can't really remember, but I've been replaying it recently from a fresh save, though I'll probably drop it again after fighting Gaismagorm and the other title update monsters you unlock immediately after. Qurious Armour crafting and Armour skill bloat is what really killed the game for me.
FatherPucci
Greenhorn

Post by FatherPucci »

I don't like the wirebug abilities and feeling like a character with super powers. Every time it feels too easy and it makes it feel like the monsters are weak and not at all powerful when moves can easily be countered by most of the weapons now. I really hope we return to a more classic approach to combat in the next installment. Even if it was more of a return to how World/Iceborne felt it would be a massive improvement imo.
Ingame(Tri/Frontier): Cynder
First game: 2005 Freedom on PSP
ChromaNuts
Greenhorn

Post by ChromaNuts »

This might be weird for others, but I feel that I get the most MH experience in this game & hence, I like the game so much. I won't lie, planning on what Hunting Helpers to get & what route should I take to get what I need while I'm omw to the monster feels amazing compared to your usual "take items on item box & depart quest reee" of the previous installments.

World also has that feeling with the slinger but still ain't much imo.
The average Monster Hunter Portable games enjoyer & the admin of Monster Hunter Archive on Twitter & Instagram.
https://www.youtube.com/@chromatizer7932
TacoBaka
Greenhorn

Post by TacoBaka »

TacoBaka wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:29 am I kinda dropped sunbreak around TU3 or 4 can't really remember, but I've been replaying it recently from a fresh save, though I'll probably drop it again after fighting Gaismagorm and the other title update monsters you unlock immediately after. Qurious Armour crafting and Armour skill bloat is what really killed the game for me.
nvm I am feeling the game

Return to “Monster Hunter Rise / Sunbreak”