Introductions? Introduction!

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
SkittleCrows
Greenhorn

Re: Introductions? Introduction!

Post by SkittleCrows »

Sup, I’m SkittleCrows, 27 he/him (kinda old now :? ) I never touched a Monster hunter game until my bros bought Rise with me. I was interested in the earlier games so I tried out 3U on my bros wiiu. then eventually I wanted to see how big of a meme the first game was. We started playing it as a joke but it’s honestly my favorite game so far. I’ve been loving it so much, I even wanted to modify my ps2 to play it authentically on my Trinitron CRT. I typically just play with my boy JubJub62. (We’re both pretty introverted) but I really enjoy the simple interactions that you can make on these servers. And I’m looking forward to using a forum again for a sick af community. Cheers :D
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

SkittleCrows wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:25 pm then eventually I wanted to see how big of a meme the first game was. We started playing it as a joke but it’s honestly my favorite game so far. I’ve been loving it so much, I even wanted to modify my ps2 to play it authentically on my Trinitron CRT.
That's really cool that you've taken to MH1 so well despite starting in Rise. It really is a special game once you get used to it and it's become one of my favourites as well, which I didn't expect.
Skulrog
Greenhorn

Post by Skulrog »

Hio, Skulrog here. I've been playing Monster Hunter since I checked out Tri from my local library back in the day. I rotate through what games I'm playing, but when I get around to it I play just about every Monster Hunter game (1J, 2, 3, 3U, 4u, World, Rise, XX, FU) leaving me a jack of all trades, master of none, though I tend to favor Tri and was lucky enough to get into the multiplayer beta in august of 2022. Happily it's now open to all.

Currently taking a break from Monster Hunter (6 months playing monster hunter almost everyday was a new record for me), but when the itch returns I'll be back on the grind. Just thinking about 1J while writing this is a little tempting...

When I'm not playing MH I like Metal Gear! MGS2: Sons of Liberty is my favorite. I also play tons of Minecraft so hit me up if you're into that.

Anyways, Long Live Loc Lac!
Discord Name: skulrog
Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, Minecraft, SMT, and many others.
eclipsed_ecco
Greenhorn

Post by eclipsed_ecco »

hiya! I go by Ecco i use they/her and i've been a fan of MH since 4 ultimate? might have been 3U, I cant remember and I don't have my old 3ds to tell me. but Ive been hooked on it ever since. I'm usually a hunting horn main since then, but lately Ive been trying to branch out in the PC version of world. I cant wait to get into some of the old games and I'm just hoping to meet folks to hunt with because I don't have any friends interested in the older titles.
they/she disaster

Lets Hunt Together!

Aris -MHR (switch)
*more soon*
Violet
Greenhorn

Post by Violet »

Hi hiii ! I'm Violet, she/her, love/loves, or it/its all work for me :3 I'm 28, and fully mute irl

I first got into MH by playing Stories on the 3ds, and I adored it enough to try out the main games, the first of which was MH4U! 4U is still my favorite, with World being a close second, but I've found the difficulty and slower progression of the even older titles to be refreshing. I've really fallen in love with them <3 My favorite monster is Kusahala Daora, and I tend to main Charge Blade in the games where it's an option.

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you all and maybe playing some multiplayer ^.^
Caim
Greenhorn

Post by Caim »

Hello! I'm Caim, he/they, 29 years old but I'm turning 30 on the 19th.

Been a fan of the series since the first game. My favorite weapon has always been Great Sword but I occasionally play other weapons too.
My favorite monster is Nargacuga because I love it's design and I think it's a fun fight.
I like the glowing red eye trails when it's in rage mode too.

Freedom Unite is the game that actually got me hooked on this series but I'm not sure which Monster Hunter game I like the most.
I really enjoy the vibes and aesthetic of the older games a lot more than the recent entries though.

Hope to see y'all in Dos or maybe even other games!
Varn
Greenhorn

Post by Varn »

Hi you guys I’m new but I’ve always wanted to play monster hunter 1 online with friends and just found out this existed. I guess this is less of an introduction and more of a thank you from the bottom of my heart kind of thing. From the Forum, to the old school Wiki, to hosting the server out of nothing but love for the game, I really appreciate what you all do and thank you deeply for giving me the chance to play these games like it’s 2004 again. It really means a lot to me. Happy Hunting!!! :mrgreen:
Grender
Admin

Post by Grender »

Varn wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:23 pm Hi you guys I’m new but I’ve always wanted to play monster hunter 1 online with friends and just found out this existed. I guess this is less of an introduction and more of a thank you from the bottom of my heart kind of thing. From the Forum, to the old school Wiki, to hosting the server out of nothing but love for the game, I really appreciate what you all do and thank you deeply for giving me the chance to play these games like it’s 2004 again. It really means a lot to me. Happy Hunting!!! :mrgreen:
Welcome! Happy hunting! I hope you enjoy your stay. :)
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
monmonboy
Greenhorn

Post by monmonboy »

Hello all, it’s a pleasure to find a community that appreciates the vastly superior 4:3 aspect ratio hunting games and php boards. I arrived here because I just found about the remarkable work done on reverse engineering the Dos servers so we can play online with unmodded games. This is amazing, it works so well, congratulations and my thanks to those that worked on it.

I live the salaryman dream life in Japan, working long hours and playing Dos in bed until I fall asleep. Highly recommended. I don’t have much to offer the community here, perhaps reviews of my kids’ MH cooking book recipes.

My hunter’s name is Gredwen, I love the gunlance, I hope to see you online!
yursk
Greenhorn

Post by yursk »

Hi. I'm near to get HR 20 on mh1 and im too excited too make it before February. I just love that a project like this exists. If you see me in town I'll would be really glad to join in your hunt.
MH1: Yursk-HR: 20 (ID: 5P3DHL) / MHG: Menia-HR: 5 (ID: G06NTQ) / MH2: Rynx-HR: 1 (ID: RT2XHH) / MH3: Yursk-HR: 1 (ID: Z0ZCBC)
Spanish/English/Learning Swedish hehe

Return to “Tavern”