anyone here tried out Exoprimal?

The place to discuss ANYTHING not related to the Monster Hunter universe. Please, keep politics, religions, and any controversial topic out of this section.
pepesito1
Ranger

anyone here tried out Exoprimal?

Post by pepesito1 »

i tried it out w gamepass when the open beta was up, and i didnt particularly enjoy it? didnt have anything that really made it stand out for me. how about everyone else?
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Shincry
Greenhorn

Re: anyone here tried out Exoprimal?

Post by Shincry »

I have tried it... I even played with CaoSlayer the second beta haha.

Not sure... I don't think the game is really good neither bad, it's simply a bit bland...Why? Because it just follows the same coop-shooter pattern and it gets old really fast? Maybe it's only because the beta was really limited (You get currency and items... BUT YOU CANNOT USE ANY OF THEM WTF) but as far i have seen the gameplay loop seems basically the same... I really think that after... 10? Maybe 15? Matches, you have seen everything the game has to offer.

I will play it, since it's free (Gamepass is basically free, lmao) but I don't expect to stick to it, might change my mind with the full game tho.
PET THE POOGIE
Grender
Admin

Post by Grender »

Haven't really paid attention to this game, but I just noticed there will be a Monster Hunter collab: https://twitter.com/exoprimal_jp/status ... 6107379717
Server Admin & Developer — Want to support my work? https://ko-fi.com/grender

MH1: Aeryx, HR20 · MHG: N/A · MH2: Grender, HR12
Shincry
Greenhorn

Post by Shincry »

Grender wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:41 pm Haven't really paid attention to this game, but I just noticed there will be a Monster Hunter collab: https://twitter.com/exoprimal_jp/status ... 6107379717
Yup! I got a bit more interested after the collab announcement but I don't expect it to be interesting enough, but it's nice.
PET THE POOGIE
pepesito1
Ranger

Post by pepesito1 »

Shincry wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:38 pm I have tried it... I even played with CaoSlayer the second beta haha.

Not sure... I don't think the game is really good neither bad, it's simply a bit bland...Why? Because it just follows the same coop-shooter pattern and it gets old really fast? Maybe it's only because the beta was really limited (You get currency and items... BUT YOU CANNOT USE ANY OF THEM WTF) but as far i have seen the gameplay loop seems basically the same... I really think that after... 10? Maybe 15? Matches, you have seen everything the game has to offer.

I will play it, since it's free (Gamepass is basically free, lmao) but I don't expect to stick to it, might change my mind with the full game tho.
agreed, as far as im aware its just a bland generic shoot em up game. i asked this with hopes that someone gave their positive opinion on this and gave me the will to give the game another shot
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
Shincry
Greenhorn

Post by Shincry »

pepesito1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:18 pm agreed, as far as im aware its just a bland generic shoot em up game. i asked this with hopes that someone gave their positive opinion on this and gave me the will to give the game another shot
I think that for what Game Pass cost, it's worth to give it a chance.
PET THE POOGIE
pepesito1
Ranger

Post by pepesito1 »

y'all I wanna say that i decided to give out exoprimal another chance and it is actually SUPER fun. sure, the battle pass and day 1 paid cosmetics absolutely suck, but the game is not pushy in the slightest about them. you have to deliberately go out of your way to enter the screen to buy cosmetics and all that

honestly, its really really fun, its a bit chaotic at times but its very intuitive and easy to play. i play on xbox in case someone wants to play with me, i play thru gamepass ofc
Shincry
Greenhorn

Post by Shincry »

Told ya, the game is fun enough
PET THE POOGIE

Return to “Off-Topic”