Hammer tips and combos

Are you stuck? Don't know how to do something? Ask here!
ikejacobovits
Greenhorn

Hammer tips and combos

Post by ikejacobovits »

Hey all, started using the hammer this past week since I got the LR Lao Shan Lung mats to make a decent one. Now looking at the resources available for MH1JP like the wiki it says there's a golf swing and golf swing finisher, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a regular golf swing. I know combos tend to be finnicky just from the amount of time I've been investing up to this point but considering this attack has pretty decent motion values it's driving me nuts not being able to figure out how to use it outside of the spin move.

Any help would be appreciated.
Rune
Greenhorn

Re: Hammer tips and combos

Post by Rune »

ikejacobovits wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:41 am Hey all, started using the hammer this past week since I got the LR Lao Shan Lung mats to make a decent one. Now looking at the resources available for MH1JP like the wiki it says there's a golf swing and golf swing finisher, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a regular golf swing. I know combos tend to be finnicky just from the amount of time I've been investing up to this point but considering this attack has pretty decent motion values it's driving me nuts not being able to figure out how to use it outside of the spin move.

the wiki you're reading must be talking about MH1US or MHG; the hammer can ONLY triple pound in MH1JP, it's not like the other games where you do two pounds then golf swing. the golf swing move is only accessible as a finisher on the spin move.

MH1JP basically has two meta hammer strategies: either you go for big hits with the standing level 3 charge (aka "super pound"), or you do element damage with the level 3 spin. the normal pound is not very frequently useful compared to these two. are you having trouble executing the super pound?
MH1 HR20
they/them
mi wile toki pona
ikejacobovits
Greenhorn

Re: Hammer tips and combos

Post by ikejacobovits »

Rune wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:57 pm
ikejacobovits wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:41 am Hey all, started using the hammer this past week since I got the LR Lao Shan Lung mats to make a decent one. Now looking at the resources available for MH1JP like the wiki it says there's a golf swing and golf swing finisher, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a regular golf swing. I know combos tend to be finnicky just from the amount of time I've been investing up to this point but considering this attack has pretty decent motion values it's driving me nuts not being able to figure out how to use it outside of the spin move.

the wiki you're reading must be talking about MH1US or MHG; the hammer can ONLY triple pound in MH1JP, it's not like the other games where you do two pounds then golf swing. the golf swing move is only accessible as a finisher on the spin move.

MH1JP basically has two meta hammer strategies: either you go for big hits with the standing level 3 charge (aka "super pound"), or you do element damage with the level 3 spin. the normal pound is not very frequently useful compared to these two. are you having trouble executing the super pound?
No you actually cleared up everything. I thought that was maybe the case, the different versions having different movesets I just wasn't 100% sure, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Return to “Help & Support”