can anyone help me play tri online on my wii u

For general modding of 3rd Generation titles.
pepesito1
Ranger

can anyone help me play tri online on my wii u

Post by pepesito1 »

i have my legitimate legally obtained copy of mh tri ready to go but the DISCORD server of the mh tri private server is AWFUL and i cant find ANY information at ALL. how do i patch it into an .iso file to then transform it into a .wup? :P
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
In life there are hunters, and then there are monster hunters.
Skulrog
Greenhorn

Re: can anyone help me play tri online on my wii u

Post by Skulrog »

Are you using real hardware and a disc? With Riivolution the process is super simple (I believe Riivolution would work on the WIIU as well), just download the riivolution folder they have and drop it in the root of your wii's SD card. The Riivolution patch also works with Dolphin, which could be claimed to be an ever simpler solution. I'm not sure about converting to WUP as I don't have a WIIU, but the patching of the iso itself is alot easier now with the ISO Patcher. I've copied InusualZ's instructions for patching your ISO here, and if you need other methods they have them here:https://discord.com/channels/8235996967 ... 6758152222
**------------------- Wii & USB Loader -------------------**

1) Download the ISO Patcher from https://github.com/sepalani/MH3SP-patch ... 022.12.zip
2) Extract the ISO Patcher zip file somewhere, it should extract a folder named `iso-patcher`
3) Download the ISO Patches from https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... SP-ISO.zip
4) Extract the content of the ISO Patches zip file into the `iso-patcher` folder. (**It may say that the it would replace existing file, you must hit yes**)
5) Copy the Monster Hunter Tri ISO file into the `iso-patcher` folder. (The game **must** be in ISO Format, if you have it in any other format, you must convert it first)
6) Execute `patch-images.bat` located in the `iso-patcher` folder. Shortly, a screen should appear with a messages that explain what is patching.
7) When the patching is done you should see the message that say `Press any key to continue...`.
8) The patched ISO should be located on the folder called `mh3sp-images` inside the `iso-patcher`.
Discord Name: skulrog
Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, Minecraft, SMT, and many others.
pepesito1
Ranger

Post by pepesito1 »

your process seems fine however i am using my totally absolutely clean digital backup made by me, for anyone reading this it turns out homebrewing the wii inside your wii u (vwii) is literally the same as it would be on a normal wii, so just hack your vwii, download USB loader, put that in your sd, and use that to play the game, its what i did and its flawless so far, online working and all
Mexican, eng/esp ok, 19 years old, huge xenoblade, ace attorney, half life and monster hunter nerd
Skulrog
Greenhorn

Post by Skulrog »

Fantastic!
Discord Name: skulrog
Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, Minecraft, SMT, and many others.
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

pepesito1 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:21 am your process seems fine however i am using my totally absolutely clean digital backup made by me, for anyone reading this it turns out homebrewing the wii inside your wii u (vwii) is literally the same as it would be on a normal wii, so just hack your vwii, download USB loader, put that in your sd, and use that to play the game, its what i did and its flawless so far, online working and all
Damn, I was about to reply to say this. Accessing Tri online was actually the reason I learned how to hack consoles in the first place. I don't think I'm gonna play Tri online on my vWii anymore, since I think I'm gonna try to do it on my CRT, but we'll see. I'm curious to see what you think about Tri now that you have a new perspective on the series.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

Lutyrannus wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:32 pm
Damn, I was about to reply to say this. Accessing Tri online was actually the reason I learned how to hack consoles in the first place. I don't think I'm gonna play Tri online on my vWii anymore, since I think I'm gonna try to do it on my CRT, but we'll see. I'm curious to see what you think about Tri now that you have a new perspective on the series.
You can still use composite and component cables from the wii with the wii u, so you can still use vWii with your CRT.
MH1 - HR 20 | MHG - HR 30 | MH Dos - HR 200+ | MH Tri - HR 100+
MH3U - HR 70+ | MH 4U - HR 200+ | MH GU - HR 100+
MH World - HR 400+ | MH Rise - HR 850+
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Adam wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:44 pm
You can still use composite and component cables from the wii with the wii u, so you can still use vWii with your CRT.
Yeah, but if I'm gonna go to CRT, I'd rather just go all out and get myself a Wii again anyways cause I want one. I just like playing games on their original hardware, something about it tickles my caveman brain.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.
pepesito1
Ranger

Post by pepesito1 »

pepesito1 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:21 am your process seems fine however i am using my totally absolutely clean digital backup made by me, for anyone reading this it turns out homebrewing the wii inside your wii u (vwii) is literally the same as it would be on a normal wii, so just hack your vwii, download USB loader, put that in your sd, and use that to play the game, its what i did and its flawless so far, online working and all
brother playing the PS2 games taught me that the previous 2000 hours i had on the franchise was just me playing it the wrong way

Return to “Modding”