So, Who's Enjoying this Open Beta

Monster Hunter 3 Tri is the third installment in the Monster Hunter series and is the direct sequel to Monster Hunter Dos. It included several new mechanics like underwater combat.
Lagia
Greenhorn

So, Who's Enjoying this Open Beta

Post by Lagia »

It is so excellent to finally be able to visit Loc Lac for the first time. I've been playing with my IRL friend and permanent hunting buddy, who did start with Tri as his first MH, and we've been having a blast going through low rank. What's everyone else's opinion on this beta?
The Conductive Croc Himself.
Hunting Since 2013.
Always give old MH a chance
Random Dude
Greenhorn

Re: So, Who's Enjoying this Open Beta

Post by Random Dude »

The open beta seems to be doing well overall. It's had its drops but it quickly got back up. Lots of support. Can't wait to see what events they'll have planned.
My honest reaction to your post.
Adam
Ranger

Post by Adam »

It's been cool watching every feature they have added and if your on Wii or Wii U you should get a Wii speak to hear how awful it is.
MH1 - HR 20 | MHG - HR 30 | MH Dos - HR 200+ | MH Tri - HR 100+
MH3U - HR 70+ | MH 4U - HR 200+ | MH GU - HR 100+
MH World - HR 400+ | MH Rise - HR 850+
Cubo
Greenhorn

Post by Cubo »

I'm having a blast in Loc Lac!!
I couldn't experience it back in the day, and I always thought I would never be able to but, alas, the MH3SP became a reality; and one in which I can take part. Tri is an awesome game very different from the rest.
The best part is joining new people's cities and getting to know them and hunting together (I'd wish there was an easier way to set up a keyboard to chat with in dolphin)
I'm still in Low Rank, but if any time you want to hunt a bit you can DM me :D
Shupport
Greenhorn

Post by Shupport »

I freaking LOVE this beta!
I found a bud to play this with in the server so we've been doing quests together. :]
I'm also experiencing the story for the first time in offline mode since our timezones are wonky and we can only play within a time window lol.

So far the underwater combat is interesting and it's super cool to see the moves done in it with the different weapons! Also love the dodge animation a lot lol. Feel like a torpedo when I do it
SHUPPORT on MH1JP/G , MHDOS, MHTRI , MHFRONTIERZ
POGMU & NANIKUSA on MHWORLDBORNE, MHRISEBREAK

GMT+8 time, low rank in all Shupport characters lol.
AmyRoxwell
Ranger

Post by AmyRoxwell »

Been playing recently alongside SuperRad and Manolo, it is really fun to play with 4 people, I haven't touched the village once and yet it has been an smooth experience while playing with other people :)
MH Dos Enjoyer (She/Her), trying to become a Master on all weapons,
Certified Member of the Navirou's Love Club
gandalfsoda
Greenhorn

Post by gandalfsoda »

I played through the whole thing solo starting about two years ago via a private server, but it's absolutely lovely to finally play with people. Even though im HR 55, i've been helping out people with their jhen mohran urgents. I played when the servers were originally up for the game back then, but I've been having a blast.
She/Her. Avid fan of MHTri and others. Ruby ingame in MH1JP, MH2, and MH3.
LonkMan
Greenhorn

Post by LonkMan »

It's really nice to play Tri online as this was the first MH game I ever played, although I was very late to the party as I started playing in 2020 but it managed to hook me onto the entire series. I even forced a friend to start playing and it seems to go very well. As far as the servers go, it does have a few hiccups but is really smooth. I don't get a lot of lag or desynced often when fighting
It's me the Sword and Shield player. The Healer or something. You know, with Wide-Range. Or at least gives potions because Wide-Range is goofy sometimes.

arkenDuelcalion
Greenhorn

Post by arkenDuelcalion »

i'm really glad more people can play tri for the first time with multiplayer accessible... i had never played tri until i got into the MH3SP closed beta, back in august of last year, and although the server was only ever up for a day or two at a time back then, getting to play through it blind with others was a treat all the same. also playing with wiimote + nunchuck right from the start sent my skill level waaayyy down and that added to the experience i think

i haven't been on tri too much since the open beta began... i'm looking forward to new event / arena quests in the future but i should really play a little more in the meantime
Azelkun
Greenhorn

Post by Azelkun »

I played a bit online the other day, just a gathering quest and the online feels super nice :D
I've never experienced Loc Lac before and the city is just beautiful, i love it so much and i'm so thrilled to continue visiting it and advancing more and more. :)
Azel, The Hermit of the Mosque
Spanish/English
Playing since Freedom 2 onward
Lore wormbook and Hammer fan

Return to “Monster Hunter 3 Tri”