Your Arch Nemesis

A place to discuss anything related to the Monster Hunter universe, our project, or this forum itself (for example, suggestions). Please, for talks about specific games use the appropriate sections.
Risky(Glyph)
Greenhorn

Your Arch Nemesis

Post by Risky(Glyph) »

So there's a thread about which monster you like BEST...

But what about least best?

What's a monster you HATE? Which monster do you absolutely loathe when it comes time to fight it? Or just dislike the design or something else of?

For me, I hate fighting Plesioth. The bastard fish spends most of its time avoiding you in ways you can't do anything about. At least you can bring Rathalos down with a flash bomb, but half the time sonic bombing plessy just makes it swim around more.

And then there's that fucking hip-check...

Risky/Glyph/riskyglyph
28, she/they/he

BabyRath
Greenhorn

Re: Your Arch Nemesis

Post by BabyRath »

I wouldn't say I HATE any monster, but I do have some Arch Nemesis. Risen Shagaru in Sunbreak for example, is such a demanding fight for me that i can't help but groan and dread when I have to hunt it. But successfully hunting it fills me with great accomplishment, like defeating an arch nemesis should. Lucent Narga in 3U was also one of my biggest wall to solo so I have a lot of history with this monster, but again it's more respect for the beast

If I had to really name a monster I hate it would probably be something stupid like Delex lmao
Guild Card Awards Enthusiast

Excylis
Greenhorn

Post by Excylis »

I hate more small monsters than large monsters tbh. I think I've been annoyed at Cephalos more than any large. Those shits suck.
Risky(Glyph)
Greenhorn

Post by Risky(Glyph) »

Excylis wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:47 pm I hate more small monsters than large monsters tbh. I think I've been annoyed at Cephalos more than any large. Those shits suck.
This is completely valid. Small monsters are usually more annoying because they could live if they'd run the fuck away when a large monster is around, rather than making their sole purpose to interrupt you using a potion.

For me, Apceros are especially deserving of contempt. You're a fucking herbivore bro, why are you even here while I'm fighting Diablos??
Risky/Glyph/riskyglyph
28, she/they/he

Excylis
Greenhorn

Post by Excylis »

Risky(Glyph) wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:42 pm For me, Apceros are especially deserving of contempt. You're a fucking herbivore bro, why are you even here while I'm fighting Diablos??
Yeah actually fuck Apceros. They just beeline directly towards you, they're deceptively fast, and spam headbutt. And the worst part is it feels like they barely take ANY damage from large monsters when they inevitably get caught in attacks. I wouldn't mind so much if they died when a diablos charged them.
Draculestia
Greenhorn

Post by Draculestia »

Risky(Glyph) wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:25 pm So there's a thread about which monster you like BEST...

I already made that thread, and the thread you're referring to started in the same way as yours :lol:
Risky(Glyph)
Greenhorn

Post by Risky(Glyph) »

Draculestia wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:31 am
Risky(Glyph) wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:25 pm So there's a thread about which monster you like BEST...

I already made that thread, and the thread you're referring to started in the same way as yours :lol:
Spoiler
I'm not even going to try and pretend this thread was supposed to be different in any meaningful way, I straight up just overlooked your thread and I am so sorry :shock: :shock: :shock:
Risky/Glyph/riskyglyph
28, she/they/he

WillowCatkinsMaria
Greenhorn

Post by WillowCatkinsMaria »

My arch nemesis as opposed to my achilles heel (which is Basarios) would have to be Hyper Silverlos in GU and Hazard RCGV
Willow is the kitty cat ever she is babie dearest <3 <3 <3

Velvet in MHGU

Lotus in Sunbreak
Rune
Greenhorn

Post by Rune »

Draculestia wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:31 am

ok but now it's your turn to make a thread that goes
"so there's a thread about which monster you HATE..."
MH1 HR20
they/them
mi wile toki pona
Lutyrannus

Post by Lutyrannus »

Locking, since an identical thread already exists.
Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. Lunae ~ Loremaster. Blademaster. Grandmaster.

Return to “Tavern”